Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Mazarita
Community Elder

Random posts bug

Hi @NikNik (tagging you too @suzanne, as I'm not sure who is handling this while Nik is away). Over the past few days I've noticed an odd bug on the forum.

I go to member's profile pages sometimes to keep up with their news. In the 'Latest Posts' section of these, I sometimes click on the member's most recent posts to do this. 

When doing this over the past few days, I have been taken to posts that are not the member's most recent posts in that thread. In fact I am being taken to posts that are sometimes written by other members altogether. The weirdest thing is that the post I am taken to changes if I try again with the link. In other words, I am being taken to random different messages on the same thread each time I click the same link! 

I hope this is sufficiently clear. I wonder too if anyone else has encountered this bug. I am on a PC using fully updated Chrome.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Random posts bug

I have noticed a random bug where my notifications feed will show me that the name of a member has liked my post but it will have the avatar of another member instead and it then changes in a similar way also. I noticed outlander mention this was happening too. Not the same thing as above @Mazarita (I rarely use desktop for forum), but it's a bit jumbly at the moment and maybe is related.

@Lauz maybe 🙂

Hi @Mazarita,

I have been having the same issue. I use a pc and use both IE and Chrome at different times.

@CheerBear I haven't experienced what you are describing. I am most intrigued though that you use your phone so much in Forum Land. How the heck do you post such long posts on your phone? Smiley Happy

I have noticed under notifications (on PC) that some notifications have shown the correct name of the member who has posted but the avatar alongside it is of a completely different member.

@suzanneI have noticed a weird random timing bug on my profile.

Too complicated to go into atm

Maybe one day if I get

TIME.

Hello everyone, thank you for flagging these bug issues, I will make sure they are looked into by the tech people. Keep us updated with any new issues, that would be excellent 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Forum changes

Hello @Former-Member 🙂

I've noticed a different issue. I don't know what the FB one is about, and to be honest I'm glad - it's sound a bit like it was a mistake . . . mistakes happen. Mine problem is I've noticed when I click on a post I've been tagged in, on the list of my tagged posts - it takes me to a completely different post, sometimes a completely different person? {Normally in the tread of that post though}. I use that list to 'navagate' in the Forum, and I can usually find the post by going to the last page and working back. But it's a bit of a worry. Just thought maybe you'd want to know.

Niqua

Hi @Former-Member ..... I have had that happen a number of times in the last few days as well.  

Looks like a tech glitch.

I am having to log in every time to reply to posts on my phone? That never used to happen? Well so I go to app and look for the post instead of going directly to to it
Former-Member
Not applicable

I often have error in content of body or whatever the phrase is when trying to post a response.

I keep on trying as the error message indicates....cancel in exasperation

only to later find that it has posted....

just to add to your pile of technology hiccups which I am sure you do not really need...

thanks in advance

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance