Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Books that distract us

Wish i could read a book.  Strugling a lot with concentration and memory.  I can start a book but my concentration is terrible so i put the book down.

if they can provide tips like those gardening or cooking magazines!, that is what i like @NikNik Smiley Very Happy

Wish i could read a book.-- me toooo @BlueBay 

Hello @Former-Member, @Snowie, @Bubbles3

Hi all. Jumping over to this thread as I went through it after spending some time around books this afternoon on a trip out.

I'm a huge fan of young adult books. One of my favourite series is The Hunger Games which all three are right up there with the most unputdownable books I've ever read. I also loved HP (anyone else taken the sorting hat quiz to find out what house they're in?!).

A Wrinkle in Time has just made it's way into our house as one of mine asked to read it before seeing the movie. Hoping it will provide a good escape/distraction. The movie looks awesome! ☺

@CheerBear Love hunger games and hp books too 😁

Just finished reading David Roland's How I Rescued My Brain - the author is a psychologist and it's a memoir of how he recovered from a stroke and trauma.  Does anyone have any inspiring biographies they've found on the road to recovery?

Hello @Gwynn 

how are you today

have not read any biographies for a while , but like to read that book , wonder if the library will have it

@Snowie, @CheerBear , @BlueBay , @Appleblossom ,

Feeling a bit lonely, trying to find company in books. 🙂 It's held in a few libraries ( https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/189983066?q=how+I+rescued+my+brain&c=book ) if that helps at all.

thank you @Gwynn Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance