Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Bluetoo
Senior Contributor

Is that as good as it gets?

Ok I know I can be a wacky thinker, usually in a good way, at least to me. But as I was reading of who I assume is a veteran’s post, he/she was very honest about the success thus far. Which I appreciated. We don’t want pipe dreams. He/she said they learned they need goals for being social and goals for everything else, in order to make progress within MI. They had all sorts of goals involving some pretty serious efforts. Then after all that work, they just felt ‘ok’? 

I can see I’m just being lazy here. But sheesh. Why can’t we freaking learn what we need, learn what we don’t, clean it up and then be overjoyed with life? One time deal. 

I’m being funny here but I’m actually serious too. Why does it got to be so hard with little reward? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is that as good as it gets?

Oh shoot. Just realized I put it in the wrong place. Lmao admin mods pls put this wherever it belongs. Maybe even the trash. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Bluetoo

its nice to meet you here on the forums. I'm glad that reading something was helpful and resonated with you too. 

I have tried so hard to work out what it is that i need and how i can 'do' all the things that i need to but there are so many barriers to achieving alot of things that would - or so im told - would help me. Somethings that are 'simple' that i 'know' i could do more of are so hard under the weight of depression and the overwhelming fear that accompanies certain parts of my life. Keeping on keeping on is sometimes worthy of a celebration as it gives me another chance to have a go at doing some of the helpful things for myself... i so wish that it were easier or that there was a magic wand laying around somewhere... 

A magic wand!  Yes please. Smiley Tongue

Hi @Bluetoo,

This post doest strike me as wacky thinking far from it. I think a lot of people dont realise just how much ongoing hard work is required for some people with complex mental health issues to get well and stay well, or even keep from sliding backwards. I can understand your frustration, reading stories about people who seem to recover fairly easily and not look back. Wishing things could be easier, or needing a break from trying so hard all the time isnt lazy. Its human and natural. Im sure many here can relate to your magic wand fantasy! 

Anybody relate to @Bluetoo's sentiments?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance