Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Neo
Contributor

Hygiene has run amuck

In the last few years my Hygiene has lost the plot...l don't understand why l have stopped caring ??

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hygiene has run amuck

Hi @Neo,

omg so has mine this year. Almost all year. I just can't bear showering. But I make myself shower once a week for my psychologist who has a supernose and is very particular how his room smells. I'm paranoid he'll smell me if I go there unshowered. If I can't get in the shower I talk to him on the phone instead of going in to see him. This happens more than I care to admit to myself. 

I think it's depression and feeling overwhelmed. Does that resonate with how you're feeling?

Twerp. 

@Twerp @Neo .. I recall walking down city street decades ago and people giving rough life looking guy a wide berth. I thought it was horrible. Til I got closer. It was the smell.. anyway I have my bad moments, but still try to wear clean clothes and shower at least once a day. Guess its a form of denial dunno. Acquaintance who visits sometimes asks to use shower straight up when comes over. Then again I stayed with family for a few weeks once and got told to use different soap and stay in shower 🚿 longer ugh

l don't think l smell 👃🏻 lol

l use a lot of Dettol wipes to keep any odours away....

no germs on me...

At one stage I was feeling angry with snooty types, but had to associate, and thought YEAH you had to sit next to me and I did not shower today.  It is good to have moved on. I am over trying to fit in all the time. 

Smiley Tongue

The guy before me today had a BO issue, was called out about it, by several. At first I thought it was me, but no.   I got to smell the Glen 40 treatment ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance