Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

πŸ€—πŸ’• @CheerBear ....

πŸ‘‹πŸ’œ @Teej ......

Omg you both too with the screeching parrot voice πŸ˜‚ @Faith-and-Hope@CheerBear

I think you and I exist at different ends of the spectrum when our flight fight button is pushed @CheerBear. I don’t fight or flight I freeze. I love your shoe polishing, curtain washing fight response. 😜 at least it’s productive. 

Not sure where you sit on that spectrum @Faith-and-Hope. Maybe your a flight ?

I would be a complete mix of  all three @Teej ..... and I think all three belong together - fight, flight and freeze ..... 

Are you softening my all or nothing thinking @Faith-and-Hope πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜˜. You are probably right πŸ˜€

Hi @TheVorticon, I just wanted to reiterate what @Faith-and-Hope@CheerBear said. I also wanted to say that this thread is for all things so please don’t feel you can’t write something hard after a good news story. I think it’s great to have the spectrum of things here. 

I guess I was wondering if it was hard to write for a fear of rejection.  I want to remind you that you’ll not have rejection here. From things you’ve written in the past you’ve had nothing but support from us and I can’t see that changing. Is it something you want support for?

Im writing this not to push you into writing anything but to hopefully alleviate any fears you may have. 

I understand though that sometimes big volcano feelings are also difficult to find words for. At the moment many of my Big volcano feelings are coming from something I need to address but keep getting overwhelmed. 

I hope you are doing ok and I respect whatever you choose to write or not write and where you choose to. πŸ’œπŸ€—

edited to make more sense. Something was worded badly 

Totally agree with the posting after good news here @Teej and @TheVorticon. I posted and then wanted to pick up the post and put it somewhere else in case it created a barrier in you continuing the conversation from this morning/last night @TheVorticon. I hope it doesn't. I think this is a great check in/drop in thread, with space for all of the ups and downs if we want to and can share.

Really enjoy seeing you around @TheVorticon, however you are feeling or whatever you're thinking/going through at the time (even if you accidentally put an awesomely catchy song in my head that the next day I am still singing πŸ˜‰). Hope to 'see' you again soon.

Great news @CheerBear 

Hi @Teej @Faith-and-Hope. I have also been known to do the screeching parrot (only when sorely provoked by offspring of course). I rarely get the fight response but have shredded newspaper in a rage to avoid doing my ex an injury 🐸

Truly awesome news, @CheerBear. Sending deep-breath hugs. Hoping the nerves and jitteriness calm in you very soon. So very glad this is coming up perhaps sooner than anticipated. Heart Smiley Very Happy

Really interesting to hear how people experience the fight flight freeze response. I'm wondering if there's room for "flip out" in there? Mine can be like a wonky mash up of everything that probably looks like flipping out I think πŸ˜†

Hiya @frog and thanks. Another parrot - I have a feeling there would be a few of us who could turn into parrots. Love the newspaper idea! Hope today has had some good in it for you frog ☺

Thank you @Mazarita ❀ It's settling and now I'm feeling the post flip-out tired crash feels, but I'm calm at least. I'm really looking forward to being there and so thankful for the opportunity to go.

Missed you this morning. Hope your day is going well ☺

@CheerBear πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance