Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Intense
Casual Contributor

Help

This is Intense. I posted ,"Hanging on by a thread".

I received email responses to my post. Thank you! I tried to send an email back , but it wouldn't go through.  This is my first time posting anything. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I desperately need suppot with the hell I'm going through.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help

I have lived with my mental health condition for close to 30 years.

Have you spoken to your GP? 

If not please do so and be open and honest as I didnt for 20 years and was doing myself more harm than good..and now for the last 5 years I am slowly getting better 

Zoe7
Community Guide

@Intense Totally agree with @Bernard1973 your first port of call is your GP - tell them what is going on for you - they may be able to refer you to other services ...a psychologist and/or psychiatrist deoending on your needs but your GP is the best oerson to decide this. 

Welcome to the forum both @Bernard1973  and @Intense. If either of you have any questions about getting around the forum please tag me and I will do my best to answer.

Chamomile
Senior Contributor

Hi @Intense,

So glad that you decided to make a post and share some of yourself. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard. With the right support and treatment, things can really improve.

Agree with the other members that visiting your GP is a good first step.

For more info on the kind of support that is out there and how to get it, you might find this link here helpful. Or this one here

Take care of yourself and please keep sharing and reaching out.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance