Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

@Former-Member

320e26fe29f18acceec52c668a54f82f.jpg

hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Any wonder dad was confused a few weeks there,  not just the reaction to new medication (for incontinence) but he has UTI (urinary tract infection) - the results finally back from lab.  And interesting - his sleep and humour have returned since ABs. 

Haha,  thats funny (must b tired) just had a vision / dream of 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lovely to hear Dad improved  @Former-Member finding bananas in the kettle isn't desirable.

You must be tired ...  did not quire finish post 😀

Hope you receive a blessing today.

That’s from me too @Former-Member .... ❤️

Hi @Former-Member 👋 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Darcy, Faith-and-hope. Must of been 'Sleep Texting' again lol Something to do with a well dressed secret agent searching for something important we need for dad... ... bank... ... Oh well,  reckon the brain is far more creative in sleep.

Beautiful day here. What are you doing?

I not long got back from church & served yum cheese tomatoe pepper rol & pkt cappuccino yum. B t made mistake of giving him the paper, think he's coffee's cold.
Judy Garland's on pay tv singing "have yourself a merry little christmas" in the 1944 movie "Meet Me in St Louis" ... Oh dear some kid's chucking tantrum bashing the heads off snowmen, yikes! Such violence in an oldtime movie lol

Might get in the garden this arvo ❤

Former-Member
Not applicable

Na, didnt make it to the garden. Just find myself sitting and starring a lot. 'mind shutdown or something. Maybe nervous exhaustion. But still got some washing & cooking done. Only cause nobody else is here to do it
Dad has a new toy, an electric recliner. Eases the back pain to be able to lay back. It only has 2buttons - up or down so theres little confusion there.
Having trouble accessing Carers Forum tonight and not getting notifications... Hi to @Faith-and-Hope, @Shaz51, @Former-Member, 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

Quick check in.

Darcy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Darcy, how are you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Finally sorted out my shoulder pain - had cortisone inj yesterday for bursitis 😞 hope it works 😩

Dad's month long bad confusion... has settled after 2 courses of ABs - turns out it was a UTI more than nllw pills. Kidneys suffered (fluid buildup) & heart strain & skin integrity issues & dr visits... for weeks 😲 bit of a medical juggling act here but back to stable.
DVA gave him a new elec leather recliner this week - his new toy 😱.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance