Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

Yes @Former-Member, dad had his partial dentures painfully extracted. He has a bad ulcer causing pain. Np dentures for a week
How are you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I hope he is a lot more comfortable @Former-Member and ulcer heals soon. Were you able to make it to your own appts?

Former-Member
Not applicable

No, need to reschedule again,  think they're sick of me changing,  on hold. Bit worried about this cortisone needle anyway.  Winter is procrastination weather lol

How are you & yours? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  ...gentle reminder ... your own health is important too ... potential for pain relief and better movement ... 

Things here remain relatively steady, physical problems continue to negatively impact Mr D's mental health. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I know, Thanks anyway Darcy, holding things 'steady' is all we can ask for most days. Off to have a blood test (dad) and pay some bills. Really must get into a routine. Take care ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171121_154831.png

Nights are getting better - no more 2, 4 & 5am starts 😵m

Can smell the cheese tomatoe omelette is done,  yum.  Funny how we go the extra mile when its not just one we're cooking for.  

My shoulder,  Rt hip are bad this am 😞   Missing @Owlunar at thw monent - she gets the chronic pain thing.  But my thoughts behaving. 

Haha,  dad just tapped his empty mug with a smile.  This means "refill plz"  Glad his humour has come back.  

Hope everyones ok this AM

Former-Member
Not applicable

Its my mum's first birthday since passing today.  She would be 84. Thought i felt her presence very strong last night while helping dad to bed. Fear at first then peace (knowing God is stronger & will only let the light in). Then a  gentle smile comes, i actually think mum is ok with mw being here now. Approves. She talks to me now and then (not audibly ) Usually brief approval things - sometimes screams but i just ignore that irrational side now she can't  hurt me). there was a soft side tucked away with mum - that part remains (the love).

My aunt (her sister) rang last night, asked if we had anything planned for mums B'say, then said "you don't have to DO anything" Thinks dad might get sad (i doubt it). Realised later - it was a call FOR HER more than us i think. She sure would miss mum - her big sister. They talked nearly every day.  She's my fav aunt ❤

Mum gets a lot of mail still - driver's license renewal one of them - she needs a medical 😏 Dad says "she wont need that now"  Weird when he keeps thinking i'm her - he thought her mail was mine, even calls me her name a lot. Hate ir.  Sad,  especially with mum's echo "you're replacing me"  or bro2 declaring I'm pocessed by mum.  (dine with their BS...  him & baby sis).

But part of being a servant ia becoming invisible 

Haven't heard from myason  while.  Sense to give him space.

Apart from lighting candles for mum - not sure what else to do for her. If i was back home i'd spend the day in bed. Paralysed. 

. Dad's not connecting in any way to mum's b'day. Dates of anything seem irrellivant to him.

ACTUALLY, WONDER IF MY BEING HERE IS A GOOD THING ANYMORE - AM I DOING HIM A DISADVANTAGE EMOTIONALLY BY BEING HERE? DELAYING GRIEF? BUT WHY GRIEVE @ HIS AGE? Life is rarely black & whitw.  
I woke to loud whistling noises in my ears. Thinks itz settling ?diet, ?streas spike. I'm tired. Woke 4am, can hear garbage collection (5am). Fridays are noisy here.

Guess i do miss mum - few tears for her here, and for my girl. All weird. Her friend @church rang wanting to have cuppa today, wonder if she remembers?

Candles, cuppa with the church friend, pick some flowers for a vase ......

Thinking of you today @Former-Member ..... go gently with it ....

Hugs 💜💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope ❤❤❤

@Former-Member 💖 💛💙💟
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance