Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

Cyber-hugs @Former-Member ..... 💜💜💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry @Former-Member got waylaid with a phone call. 

Am hearing you with what you are saying, just don't know what to say to you in response. I know you love your Dad dearly and his welfare is your priority. 

Slow start here this morning, Mr Darcy not doing so well. Is tapering off a med due to adverse side effects (QTc threshold crossed). Not sure if he is having withdrawal symptoms or if he is heading for relapse 😬 . Plan on getting out the house this afternoon, thinking of going to an open garden and/or the movies. Need to get moving and do a bit of weeding - can't take the dog out to the section I am working in as the chooks free range there.

@Former-Member thinking of you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks guys, nice to hear from you three titans. Darcy, hope you got out the house today & Mrs QTc not serious (is that heart?)
My Bro4 came this am - desperado act needing $100 - can’t believe I gave it 😕
Need groceries but feel too unwell today
Had hair cut & brows done yesterday.
Sorry guys

@Former-MemberHeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Getting hair done = 😀

Former-Member
Not applicable

How you going @Former-Member?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Getting there thanks @Former-Member, are you ok?
Had an overreaction to everything Sat night, while talking with my son who said something that triggered me, and it was an intense episode (though limited what I said to him). Hate those upsets. Slept through the next day and coming back.

Took dad out today for coffee, he’s more stiff getting around and helping him toot first - he has x3 bed sore dressings :(. But over all he seems content nowadays (institutionalised), been there 3/12 now.

It’s been very hard for me to adjust to all the changes this year.

My health is iffy - high cholesterol, very low iron and B12, and arthritis aches & pains & tendinitis in Rt wrist :(. My mood has been awful - But at least my BP was ok today and I met a good dr.

Former-Member
Not applicable

It has been a very tough year for you @Former-Member.  Lovely to hear you have met a good doctor.

Former-Member
Not applicable

9BDE8D1D-C593-4D3C-AC7D-1FEEADD130CA.jpeg

FOIL LINED CAVE AT MY BROTHERS

After taking dad out, late yesterday I visited my Bro3 with a burger. There seems to be even more foil lining his walls. He mostly uses foil windscreen sun reflectors, for trucks.

Why isnt his forced CTO anti-psychotic injections working? He hates them. It’s really sad, he went to great lengths telling me how and when each neighbour targets him (with laser beams) to inflict Terrible pain every day... There’s no reasoning with it:(. Says the foil greatly reduces the penetration, but also says they keep improving technology and foils are not as good anymore 😞 ... it’s really sad. 

Hes asthma is still bad. Gave him another one of my puffers - told his nurse and they flagged his file for a proper asthma management plan / spirometery etc.

i don’t know how to deal with it accept pretend it’s normal. He gets so distressed if I challenge his logic. Don’t want this to become my norm.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance