Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @BlueBay

I know you are taking time out but you might be coming into read

I have recovered from the fall - as I wasn't hurt expect having some sore muscles I have to see the whole thing as funny - I think I was tangled up in my little blanket because I wasn't planning on sleeping right then

So I had the light on which was helpful - and I was dressed and even had my glasses on - dreaming that I was falling was weird - 

My daughter is recovering - she is getting the stitches out today - she will be able to play her guitar properly then - I am a musician too and know it's always better to get back to our instrument of choice

I find Christmas tough too - I understand - there is no need for me to explain - but it is a time that brings up hard memories or enhances the things that are currently hard to deal with

Sending my best wishes

DecHeart

โค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ

Thanks @Zoe7

My daughter's stitches come out today - she is feeling better but I didn't ask about eating - I would rather talk on the phone but she prefers texting - I don't get to ask all the pointed questions - I always want to know more

I did enjoy seeing her and my grand-daughter on Monday - Monday - gee - it's Thursday - where has the week gone

I haven't got around to buying much in the way of Christmas presents - I do not do well in a large shopping mall - I get hyper-sensitive and people do wander around in a distracted way and sometimes walk straight into me - I am not going there to do any shopping

My grand-daughter is easy to give something to this year -she is moving to Queensland and so I told her I would give her the air-fare to fly there and back to look for accommodation - and I think I will be giving my daughter money too - it's easier as she can pick out something for herself - I just left it all too late - there were a couple of days when I couldn't really function properly and just didn't attend to things and now - too crowded

Money might not be personal but a person can get exactly what they choose for themselves

Hugs for you too Zoe - I haven't been in much - this time of year is tough for a lot of people - I'm one of them - I love seeing people at Christmas but there are so many people missing now. Whether I see my son-in-law's kids and their kids is something I don't know about yet - it will depend on what my daughter is up for I guess - I don't know how long it will take her to get over her operation - it's a case of wait and see what happens

Thanks for your support Zoe

Dec

Thanks @TAB

When it comes to the ambos I don't like the attention and the drama - I would trigger my alarm if I needed help - that's why I have it - but I am not at all excitied by all of that happening

But I do recollect many many years ago when I woke up and couldn't move because of my spine when I first hurt it and I had to somehow wriggle across my bed to the phone and ring my daughter to come and let the ambos in and they took me to one hospital (ED) and hours later to a private hospital and then a day later into see a spine surgeon and I was admitted to another hospital for tests that were horrible

A nurse asked me if I was  afraid they wouldn't find anything wrong - I remember staring at her and then telling her "What!! I am afraid they will find something wrong"

That was weird

Cya Tabby Cat

Dec

Am at work @Owlunar but read it ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Some people might see giing money as impersonal @Owlunar but I am with you on this one - the person can get what they want and you don't have to stress about the crowds and noise etc.

We are not giving presents this year but honestly I got enough for my birthday. I received several Bunnings cards so I can go crazy at my favourite shop and get some things I need for around the house - it was a win-win for everyone - I got what I wanted and they didn't have to worry about trying to find something I maybe didn't need.

I am pleased to hear your daughter got her stiches out - that must mean she is progressing well. I know you worry about her not eating but there is nothing you can do on that front - hopefully she is and keeping up her fluids also.

Yes this time of year is difficult for many people but I still have Toby's birthday next week to celebrate (yes he will get a present lol) and that helps get over the anniversary of my nan's passing - makes it just that little bit easier.

Yes - money is easier @Zoe7 - I will probably give my son-in-law a Bunnings card as well - I have received some useless things in my time - I have probably given them too

In fact - my long-gone MIL used to give us useless presents and then tell us what we could use them for - this was painful - year after year - I don't remember what we did with them but I never regifted - how terrible if I made a mistake and gave the useless present back to my MIL - 

So you have had your birthday - and that was a good time - I am glad to know that and you have your Nan's passing to deal with as well as Toby's birthday - I understand Toby helps you out a lot

I have realised that Companion Cat might have passed but she is here in spirit and I can feel something about her because she has been with me for the whole time I have lived here - and this is good - I have another anniversary on Sunday and that is my son's adoption date - it was never a date that was celebrated - we did his birthday and that was just before Christmas too so the adoption date just went passed - we probably said something to him but I have forgotten with all the minutia of the years - 

I feel like going away now that all the stuff that has been happening is over but I don't go away during the school holidays - but it is time to start planning where to go in February - I still have to work out my passport - once I realised my relatives where still in Australia I stopped doing that - it's time to get my mind back into order again - 

I rarely feel as distracted as I have for the last couple of weeks

Dec

Hi @Owlunar@Zoe7 and others 

Iโ€™m giving vouchers this year to my boys and daughters partner. Itโ€™s so much easier and less stress. 

I asked my boys what they need or would like snd their response was โ€œdonโ€™t worry Mum we donโ€™t want anythingโ€ to which I said I need to get you something even if itโ€™s little. So voucher it is. 

Ayla has been spoilt. Iโ€™ve been buying little bits snd pieces over the past two months. Iโ€™ve bought my daughters snd hubby and I donโ€™t do presents but still end up with something little. 

@BlueBay

My daughter and her immediate family and I have made a big deal over "pressies" but this year things have been really weird and there are a lot of things I really should have done and haven't

Now and again I go to Southland to shop - I don't like it but if there are few people about I get a lot done - I need a new phone and new sneakers but I am not going there right now - the presents can wait -

I have been knocked over by people not looking where they are going - and I get really tense in crowds - I have been taken away in an ambulance or had the paramedics just get me up onto my feet - not fun on a slidy floor - I do not enjoy that kind of drama - I usually end up with back pain regardless from stress

I don't know if I will be seeing my great-grandchildren - I have seven of them - I have books for the little ones and I give the big ones money - they love money - I will have to wait to see how my daughter is - I can hardly believe she was in hospital for such a short time

We had about a month's rain here today - I woke up to heavy rain and that was pretty early - I like hearing the rain when I am in bed but it sure did rain today - now it's humid

mmmm - yeah - Christmas - I believe in the Reason for the Season but wonder a lot what the rest of it's about

Dec

It will still be good to get your passport sorted incase you decide NZ is a good destination for you @Owlunar I loved NZ and would like to go back but there are also places in Australia I haven't been to that I would like to go to also. My next trip away will likely be to Melbourne - I haven't been for many years. My mother and I used to go every year, sometimes twice yearly, but that certainlym was off the cards when I got Toby. I do know I can leave him for a few days with my sister and he is ok but I miss him when I am away from him.

I have never re-gifted anything but have certainly shared some of the chocolates that I used to get as a teacher for christmas. I have a multitude of mugs and trinkets that I have gotten over the years also and I can't part with any of them lol

@BlueBay Making it an easier christmas for yourself will help ...and kids are who we should spoil at this time of year so good that you have been getting things for Ayla bit by bit.

I'm spoiled for choice @Zoe7

I'm wondering when it's a quiet time for me to visit my sil's sister and her husband to see their dairy farm - or whether that would be okay - but I can plan my own tour around the South Island and see the glacier - I have never been overseas and although traveling in Australia doesn't faze me at all going overseas will be different

I could go to Uluru - I would love to see that and the desert - I thought it was brilliant flying over the outback when I went to Cairns - and I like looking at the desert on Google Maps but I really don't like the thought of summer there - and then I want to fly over the Kimberley in a small plane or helicopter - that is high on my bucket list

But right now I think Lakes Entrance for a few days just walking along the Lake and sitting in the sand-dunes staring at the ocean - thinking whatever strange thoughts I might be thinking because I just like sitting and looking.

I can go for longer now - I was always worried about Companion Cat - she was a special friend - now she has gone and she is safe and I can please myself - I can stay at Lakes for a couple of days then get the bus around to Eden for a few more days and then fly back from Merimbula - this feels good - but I am still thinking about it and I think I am still getting over my cat passing - I just feel really unhappy and that's okay - I think it's normal to feel unhappy

Thanks Zoe

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance