Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

sitting with you and Holly @Former-Member Heart

Hugs @Former-Member  

i hope things go well with your psych appt tomorrow. 

I understand you needing to retreat st times. 

We are all here for you. 

Take care thinking of you ❤️❤️

th9RC21U9T.jpg@Former-Member 

Sending hugs your way too @Former-Member .... 💜🌷💜🌷💜🌷💜

Hi Hon. I know you are having some time for yourself but was wondering how today went @Former-Member  Sending you hugs as well Heart

Hi @Zoe7  and everyone else too. Sorry for not tagging you all.

Todays psych session was a long one, and not easy. I guess they never are. We discussed some self care tactics and also a few things to help when I need to go to the City.

We covered a lot of ground and right at the end of the session, I told her about a few new things bothering me. Such as feelings of helplessness and being angry at the world and everything in it. She said I am likely experiencing carer burnout on top of everything else. I did some research when I got home, and I think she may be correct.

She wants to see me again in two weeks, and have an apt for then.

Still no calls from the hospital. 😮 Hope that call comes soon. Hubby is 

continuing to get worse. Collapsed in a heap yesterday arvo when the pains in his head got worse. And he just hung onto me and cried, and said he was scared. So difficult to see that and so hard to deal with. Someone who has always been so commanding and in control. I feel so useless as there is nothing I can do. I have no control, just have to sit back and wait.

Thanks @Lauz for your post yesterday, I feel somewhat reassured after reading it.

Thanks everyone for all your kind messages. I'll post again in a day or two.

Sherry 💕

💜💐💕 @Former-Member .....

So incredibly tough to see your hubby go through that with still no answer from the hospital. I really hope that call comes on Friday for both of you @Former-Member - it is very scary for both of you. You certainly have been a wonderful support for him Hon and it is no wonder with everything you have been through and still going through that you are burning out. As hard as it is you really need to up the self-care as well - otherwise you will also fall in a heap. 

I hope hubby is well enough to attend the march and/or the RSL tomorrow. I know how much that means to him.

It is good that you have another appointment in a couple of weeks - you need that continued support yourself right now.

Sending you hugs and love Sherry. Look after yourself the best you can - we are here to support you as well Hon. Will be thinking of you Heart

@Former-Member No words, but feeling with you. 💜💜🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hi  @Former-Member .

💕🦄🐇🌟....🐉🔥...,🐻🤗 as many as you need...

been thinking of you, but not able to reply...

i just wanted you to know I’m still holding your hand..🤝..

Starta..🌷..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance