Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

We always book the next appt on the way out of the last-- this is a great idea @Former-Member, I have done this regularly now but then it is upto mr shaz to talk -- ammmmm

@Shaz51 

After 3 recent appts when he did not understand what was to happen Mr D agreed for me to accompany him to appts, I try not to over do this so as not to smother him.  If I do go we run through what needs to be discussed beforehand so we are on the same page. If he tells me that he wants to talk to doc about a specific problem and he doesn't, he knows I will probably remind him to mention it. 😀 

to accompany him to appts,, it is hard @Former-Member, mr shaz wants me to be with him but not to discussedwhat is going on

Had a medical procedure yesterday under general anaesthetic - on the post operative instruction sheet along with the instructions not to drive a car, use equipment, cook or make important decisions, it said:

In the next 24 hours

"DO NOT return to work or resume primary carer responsibilities"

Fortunately Mr D was OK to take care of me and I was not up to eating (let alone face his cooking) but was a bit anxious. He had not slept at all well the night before and hospitals do not bring up fond memories for him.

I wish you a speedy recovery @Former-Member and that all went well

Im glad Mr D is looking after you but sorrys hes anxious. I hope he settles more today knowing your at home.

@Former-Member how is everything today? How are you feeling after yesterday?

Taking it easy @outlander was tired and nauseous after anaesthetic but a lot better today.

Good girl @Former-Member
Im glad your feeling better today.

I am glad Mr D is looking after you but sorrys hes anxious @Former-Member,

mr Darcy and mr shaz are totally twins

hope you feel btter soon xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Every now and then something not quite right is happening.

I opened our freezer on Thursday to find the contents defrosted.  Mr D had done the cooking the day before and when I asked, he confirmed that the ingredients that he had got out the freezer the night before were not frozen, yet he said nothing.  It did not compute with him that this could be a problem ... yikes.

He was then quite upaet about the wasted food, which really was minimal as we had been clearing the freezer. Not being sure how long the freezer had been out I was not going to take any chances with the chicken and threw it out. The dog and chooks were able to consume a good portion of the contents.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance