Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Zoe7 I hope the garage is going ok, and that you are taking it slowly. You might well have it done by now, depending on motovation and energy levels.

You sound like you have done quite a bit, wishing, washing up, walking Toby.

I don't know when you will here,,or if you already have heard about placement next year.

I haven't caught up on any threads. I've had a badish reaction to a new AD. I wasn't asleep, but I wasn't awake either !!!!! Awful feeling. Anyway, another one bits the dust.

Coolish down our way and everyone is happy. The bushfires down your way look bad. No doubt you had a smoke smell.

I have a mother sparrow feeding a baby atm. The baby is just as big as mum, and very capable of feeding itself, but not arguing.

Hope you are doing okish. 💕💜💕🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

The smoke cleared over the city a couple of days ago @Maggie but it is still burning out of control in the south-west. It looks like only rain will put it out so hoping that comes in the area soon.

I still have a lot to do in the garage - pulled down the temporary tarp today and reaslised I had to move another lot of shelves to get to do the wall - needing a little extra framing as well - so a bigger job than I first thought. Going to see how much energy I have after my gp appointment tomorrow and may go to Bunnings then otherwise it will be Thursday.

Haven't heard anything yet about the new school but HR only came back this week so it will take time to organise. Going to send off an email next week to see where they are with the process.

The ADs you were on sound like ones I was on sometime ago - always felt lethargic but still not enough to make me sleep - in the no-where land and it was tough to deal with - so I can expect it has been for you too. It did take many tries to get the right meds for me over a couple of years - hope it doesn't take that long for you. Fingers crossed the next ones you get to take will help and you begin to feel a little more 'alive'. It is super hard Hon so I really hope you find something that helps.

How is little Mags? Toby and Cat are well - Toby still needs a bath and a haircut but his naughty mummy keeps putting it off - especially as he has been 'supervising' in the garage and getting really dirty - so I figure why bath him now as he will just get dirty again - as I said ...naughty mummy needs to get her act together and just bath him!

hugs @Maggie and sitting with you Heart

Hello @Zoe7, @Corny, @Former-Member, @CheerBear

@Former-Member I have only read tiny bits of your thread, enough to know things are really hard for you. I am sorry to read of such deep struggles and wish I could help, but I can only listen empatheticly, and I do.

I have had a morning of tests.. Nuclear bone scans. That was a few hours, with a optometrist app in between. Waiting for results. It's funny, now I'm worried nothing will show up and it's all in my head !!!!!

I was diagnosed with ostio and rheumatoid arthritis some years back, not as bad as your mum though. I have had to hang up a few activities, but still manage to keep myself going.

Its the hearing aids that are duel colours @Former-Member One candy pink, one galactic blue. I just couldn't decide, so chose them both. They are a talking point often though. Lol. The glasses as the cheap $9 frames that used to be free. Hopefully they will be ready next week and look out world.

The kids will be moving on to their new home very soon. I will miss them, though I haven't had the energy of late to do crafts with them,,plus I can't see close up. Life really is tough.

Yes Mags is very cute, with or without a haircut. How is Holly after her Christmas Day birthday????

Cool here now thank goodness. I think we hit 33 last week, way too hot for me.

Sending Warm thoughts. 💕💜💕💜💕🐾🐾🐾🐾

@Shaz51 I was just about to send some hugs your way, you beat me to it. Hope you are holding up,okish.💜💕💜💕🌷🌷🌷

thank s @Maggie , I can feel your hugsand love coming my way Heart

yes mr shaz had a second fall and has hurt his shoulder , taking pain relief

@Zoe7 I smiled when I read naughty mummy, and pictured a white puppy turning blackish in the garage.

Ive tried every AD on the market, plus Bi Polar meds, anti psycotics. I seem to have a super sensitive system, just to match the personality.

Not too long till you hear about next year. You have done so well this year, despite the struggles. I hope you get the school you prefer. I wonder what the picture will look like this time ext year for oth of us.

Oh @Shaz51 sorry to hear that. A fall shakes the whole system. 💕💜💕

Toby is certainly a shade darker than his usual fluffy white @Maggie lol He does like 'helping' though. He decided today that me folding the tarp was not a job I should be doing myself and proceded to jump all over it like a little energiser bunny. It was super cute but really didn't help me much lol

It does seem that you are super-sensitive to most meds - I was the same with sever side effects for most until we found the right combination that is working for me now. There has been so many we have tried and much like you it has been ADs, antipsychotics and prns as well. The one that has helped me so much with sleep is a very old med that isn't often used anymore - the side effect is I am super sensitive to the sun and burn easily - my skin gets itchy and swells as well if I am exposed for too long - but that I can live with better than no sleep.

I so hope you can find something and get some relief soon without the excessive side effects - often it is a fine line between what we need and what we can put up with as well.

@Corny You can post wherever you feel comfortable, no need to apologise.

Im guilty of searching for the quick fix. I've had a few falls trying, and usually end up back with the small steps.

I did enjoy the read, though realistically, not in my lifetime. I do hold out hope that something might come through in the future, but like everything, it won't fit everyone.

Your fasting sounds interesting. What's the purpose behind it, hoping that's not a silly question!!!!?????

Always good to catch up with you when you can manage. I know too well how hard it is just breathing at times.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance