Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

@Shaz51

Sosk in tub = 😀

Losing a couple of jobs =😬

Mr Shaz anxious = 😬

Mum home = 😀

Uncle doing ok too = 😀

More 😀 than 😬 = 👍

I am looking forward to a soak in the bath one day .. -- yes I would love to have a nice long tub to soak in @Appleblossom, mine is a tiny square one,

Smiley Very Happy @Former-Member xx

@Shaz51

Thinking of you and trust all is as well as can be. 

Bathrooms so expensive to renovate @Shaz51, I am not a bath person - we have a 3/4 bath in our current home.  In an old place we had a big spa bath.  When Mr D unwell he would have baths and almost flood the bathroom. 

yes @Former-Member, our square bath tub floods part of the bathroom here too

soo no renovation here Smiley Very Happy

We've got a little 3/4 tub too that was here when we moved in. Am planning a big reno including bathroom which will very definitely have a full bathtub and a separate shower. I really don't like standing in a bathtub to shower. We'll probably still use the shower most of the time, but I really miss being able to have an occasional long soak bath.

It's all still at the dreaming stage though. We wanted to start fixing up the house about 5-6 years ago, when we cleared the last of the mortgage, but that was also when Older Daughter went downhill, so it's on indefinite hold.

One little "me time" thing I do occasionally is go down to the back of the yard under the trees, and lie down to watch the leaves moving and listen to the birds. Am thinking I should keep a piece of shadecloth down there as a mat though, because I come back to the house covered in grassy bits and leaf litter. 😄

How are mum & uncle going @Shaz51?

Hello @Former-Member

my uncle has been moved back to our town hospital today  -- they did not put in a new pace maker yet , they are going to see how he goes -- he is 89

Mum is going ok , Mr shaz and I cleaned her house yesterday -- did those jobs that don`t get done often , we mowed her lawn too

and her legs and head have healed after her mishap

And how are you doing @Shaz51?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance