Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Sitting with you @outlander

@outlander

Why dont you think respite would help luv? It would give you a break.

You sound like you're feeling stuck luv 

Thanks @Flying_Hams

the work i do isnt that hard its just alot. @Bella1978 he wouldnt like it plus he isnt that unwell for me to need a break. I have to many other commitments anyway that i cant stop.

Stuck- seems to be my life story atm. Still waiting on other services to get back to me. So far its been oh we cant help try this service. Getting sick of it. Ready to call it quits on all the crap. Gp is leaving for a yr but having an appt in 3 weeks to see about another gp taking over for her.

I guess I just have to have some sort of hope things just might work out one day

@outlander

I thought if ur pop wasnt there for a week or so u may have a little bit more time to urself luv, even tho u do have other commitments.

I'm so sorry that life isn't treating you as well as it should. You're such a beautiful soul xx

He doesnt qualify anyway @Bella1978 he is still well enough atm that he can be left for a few hrs but that ia the time im working. During the day when im at home i can watch tv and thinga but gets boring. I dont have anywhere else ir anything else to do. Such a boring person i am. Not very fun at all.

Ur not boring at all @outlander! Please dont say that luv. Youve just got so much on your plate it's hard to fit in fun things to do for yourself. And its too easy to become isolated when caring for others. Our energy is all used up, we don't have much left over for us.

Thanks @Bella1978
Guess i just wish i was more normal. Have friends and do what normal people my age would be doing. Dont know how to be normal, strip all my role away and im even more of a nothing

@outlander

No such thing as normal luv 😛

Its natural to lose ur identity when caring for someone. My counsellor told me this. I wasn't too sure about it tho. I miss my mum dearly but this respite i have had has enabled me to shine thru. Hopefully that makes sense. I can put myself first, be responsible just for myself. And discover who i am, have also had to think about my future, etc.

I can sense you're feeling down tonight sweets. Im here xxx

Yeah that makes sense @Bella1978 im glad your being able to rediscover yourself though.
Thanks for being here. Sorry for putting this on you. I dont want to drag anyone down. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance