Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

@Former-Member We beat Hawthorn - again - I have a smile from ear to ear lol

I couldn't go to the game because of my back - that was really disappointing but it was the right thing to do - I couldn't have even sat in the car for the 2 hour trip up North let alone sit for the game and then have to drive back again - oh well - got to see the game still on tv so that was good.

Goodluck with your Swannies against North Melbourne tomorrow - I will be going for your team Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Zoe7, I was really happy to watch Brisbane win today against Hawthorn.  They won well too.

Oh yeah, the Swannies are badly in need of a win tomorrow.

Tonight I will be switching from the Canberra Raiders vs North QLD Cowboys in the NRL (I'm a Raiders supporter) 

and ACT Brumbies vs NSW Waratahs in the Super Rugby (I support the Brumbies).  Yeah I know I'm a NS Welshman, but I used to live in the ACT when the Brumbies first came onto the scene.  And I met a number of the Brumbies in their early days.  Some are still involved through coaching.

So ... go Raiders and Brumbies.  Two ACT teams for me tonight.

Glad you had an armchair ride in which to watch your Brisbane players win today Zoe.  I know its not quite the same as actually being there.  What you miss in atmosphere (live sport) you would have gained in vision (on TV with all the many camera angles, replays of best bits, interviews, etc).

Sherry

I am not really into the Super Rugby @Former-Member but I hope the Brumbies win for you. The Raiders - Cowboys game should be a close one - hope you get a win unlike my dismal Parra side - I was saying to Ant7 earlier - if we turn the ladder upside down we are on top lol

I am watching Richmond - GWS tonight - I think I have told you before - I have a real soft spot for the Tigers.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Zoe7, I also watched the Parra vs Newcastle game last night.  Right at the end I thought Parra had managed to pull off a last second win, but it wasnt to be.  I think Mitchell Pearce back for Newcastle made the difference. My son in law is a mad keen Parra supporter, so I'm sure I will hear all about it when he visits next Thurs/Fri.  Got our daughter (my step) and family visiting next week, which will be nice.  8yo grandson and 5yo granddaughter.  It will be nice to have a bit of normality around the house for a change during their visit.  Home has been more like a hospital over the past few months, which hubby's health being as it is.

Yeah, I am keeping a bit of an eye on the GWS vs Tigers match too.  And yes, I recall you having a soft spot for the Tiges, I do too.  Not a GWS fan at all really, so happy to be barracking for Tiges.

Sherry

It sounds lovely to be having that to look forward to @Former-Member. You have certainly been through a lot this last year. Will be nice having kids running around Smiley Very Happy

I don't mind GWS - have to admit I would go for them over your Swannies but I really hope the Swans do well for you Hon. I missed the last half an hour of the Parra game - meds kicked in and I fell asleep but caught up with the score this morning - we can't take a trick - we have to win one of these close ones soon - they just need to be more consistent and believe in themselves a little more Smiley Frustrated

So impressed and happy that Belgium secured the third place. They thoroughly deserved that win. Best result in a Woprld Cup ever for them.

Hope Croatia defeat France. Love seeing these small minnows rise up.

Would love to see Croatia win tonight @soul - it is going to be difficult but if this world cup has shown us anything it is that anything can happen!

France have the first goal. Unfortunately for Croatia, it was an own goal. 

Early days yet. 

France lead 2-1 at half time. 

In tennis news, Djokovic has won Wimbledon which for me has been overshadowed by the World Cup this year. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance