Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: All Things Sport...

Yes @Zoe7, thats right.  My Swannies were bad last night, weren't they? And now we have a suspension for stupidity from Jones, so 2 weeks out for him.  And injuries are all stacking up against the Swans. They are likely to slide out of the top 8 by the end of the weekend, and they poor Swans have a difficult final few weeks run to the semis.  I really think they will miss the semis this year, they are playing that badly and missing so many players.

Yes I was disappointed about the Lions too, but happy for the Tiges.  

Parra unfortunately just lost.  My Raiders against Melbourne Storm are already down by a long way, and its only early stages, so are looking no chance at t his stage.  What a farce it was last week with the refereeing in the Raiders match!  Raiders always seem to have a hard luck story each year.  The number of matches they have lost by only a point or two this year (and last year also) they are so unlucky.  And ref decisions always go against them it seems.

So it looks like all our fav teams have suffered losses this weekend.  

Sherry 

Maybe we should start going for the teams that play our favourite teams then we might have a better chance lol @Former-Member Parra did the same thing as they have been doing all year 0 they start off well and then lose the plot - need to be better defensively but then can't score when they get the ball - looks like the wooden spoon is ours for sure Smiley Sad

Hello everyone!

Just stopping by to see how everyone's teams in general are going this season? 🏈🎾🏏

Does anyone play a sport or if they could play a sport what would it be?

For me - I wish I could be an amazing tennis player!

@Lauz as you would already know my Eels are on the bottom of the ladder so I think it is clear that we are going quite badly this year Smiley Sad

My AFL team - the Lions have won a few games and are improving each week - only one week to go though and we play The West Coast Eagles so not expecting a win in our final game.

Liverpool have begun the season well and I am expecting big things of them this year but it is early days!

If I could play a sport now it would also be tennis - maybe I can get back to playing one day but right now my hydrotherapy sessions are all I can deal with.

@Former-Member Goodluck for you and your Swannies this week - I am hoping it will be a close game but I suspect you aren't lol I would love to see GWS win but would not be upset if The Swans win for you either Smiley Tongue

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7.  I was pretty disappointed the Swans lost on the weekend.  A win would have had them in the Top 4, and a double chance in the semis.  But the loss of Buddy and Parker on the day made a big difference. GWS have had a lot of injuries this year and have been somewhat depleted in manpower all season. But I guess the Swans have too. I wont say I hope the match between the two is close, but I do hope for a good quality game.  And a Swans win ... of course!

Your Brisbane boys will be older, more experienced, and much better next year. Much to be optimistic about there.

Sherry 

We need a couple of more experienced players to cover some areas but we have the nucleus of a good team going forward @Former-Member Definitely feeling more optimistic about our future - maybe not next year but expecting more in a couple of years time.

You definitely missed Buddy but still had the team that could have won - it was close Smiley Frustrated

I think you will beat GWS - they have far greater losses in their team that they can't cover - your Swannies run much deeper and are better able to cover your injuries. I just hope it is a good game - I'll definitely be watching Smiley Happy

Anyone else staying up to watch Spurs v Liverpool? @Zoe7 @soul @Flying_Hams

Not optimistic for Spurs, but hope it'll be a good game. I need a happy distraction tonight.

Might see the start of it @frog but i think it might actually be on right now lol

I'll be staying up to watch swansea take on nottingham, haven't seen their games lately because they are rarely on

Hello @Bill16

this is our sports thread

come and meet some friends who Lovvvvvveeeeee sports @Zoe7, @frog, @Former-Member, @Flying_Hams

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance