Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

COMMUNITY GUIDES!!

Hi all the loveley community guides thers 2 questions id like to ask you guys if thats ok?

1. what are the qualities a community guide should have?

2. do any of you think i could be a good comunity guide?

any tips ect welcome as well

29 REPLIES 29
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: COMMUNITY GUIDES!!

@Faith-and-Hope @Mazarita @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member

Hi @Former-Member

I think these are questions better asked of the moderators ..... the Community Guides are under their leadership and direction .... and they were obviously looking for a range of different qualities in us, as we are not all the same, and neither are our life experiences.

💙💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

alright thanks @Faith-and-Hope

@Former-Member

Hello my @Former-Member

think these are questions better asked of the moderators ..... the Community Guides are under their leadership and direction .-- i agree with  @Faith-and-Hope

@NikNik, @Lunar, @Pebbles, @Former-Member, @CherryBomb, @lola

Hi @Former-Member

I think these are really good questions. I am not going to respond on behalf of the Sane forums, but encourage other members to contribute to what they think makes a good community guide. May be after that @NikNik will provide more of an official blurb.

Former-Member
Not applicable

thanks @-karma-

if @NikNik can email me and discuss things further that would be good

Hi @Former-Member and everyone else. I'm writing as Karma mentioned asking what we might feel makes a good community guide.

Something I have noticed about the community guides (all of them/you) is their warmth - it shines. Whenever I have spoken with a CG like mazarita, faithandhope, teej, lisajane, shaz51, utopia... their warmth, acceptance and welcoming is standa out to me. I find chatting with them or listening (reading) their posts almost always comforting, encouraging, friendly, kind and insightful. I really really appreciated being welcomed in to the forum by a CG too (I'm almost certain it was you Mazarita and maybe FaH too) when I first joined, because I felt very nervous joining this forum and a little lost to start. I also think the CGs do a great job staying calm in the face of pickles or muddles and know when to call upon extra support for someone.

That's my feedback and what I think makes a great community guide 🙂

When I grow up I want to be like @Faith-and-Hope. Smiley Happy

❤️💕 @Phoenix_Rising ..... 😂

Thank you .... 😘🎶
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance