Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Lostkiwi
New Contributor

Unsure about this

Well, this will be a first for me . Since I found out about the forum I’ve been reading what people have been writing and wishing I was brave enough to write .

how do you handle this feeling of just no self worth and being of no use to anyone ? 

I so wish I could figure out how to be comfortable with myself and believe in me

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unsure about this

Hi @Lostkiwi perhaps simple self care at the beginning? Get rest, try to get sleep. Eating. Who you mix with, what you do with yourself can all affect that. I try do do that and tidying up and silly simple things like that. As in give yourself space to get a glimpse of who you really are maybe? @ faith-and-hope ? Sorry to be a burden

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Lostkiwi,

First off welcome to the forums.

I get the feeling of not sure about sharing and believe me for some us it not easy to start, so I think you are brave for just posting.

Everybodys story is different and even if we share the same difficulties or the same diagnosis we still have individual experiences.

If you feel you can't share yet then it is fine to just read. The very first time I joined forums I didn't post anything for six weeks just read other people's posts.

No self worth or use to anyone is a feeling I am very familiar with and to be honest it's a feeling that will come and go. 

I wonder is there anything that specifically makes you feel this way or do you just feel it all the time. 

I use to think it's how I was all the time but I have recently worked out that specific events and people caused these feelings, it is hard to identify a specific cause when it happens constantly.

Being comfortable and believe in myself is something I am yet to achieve but I know that I have a little boy who believes in me and counts on me being there for him so for now that is enough

Hiya @TAB ... 🖐

Welcome to the forums @Lostkiwi.  

That's a tough place to be, and the answer isn't simple, but it is do-able .... often self-esteem has worn down in small stages, and we add a lack of self-care to it by giving up on ourselves a bit. 

So .... one of the first steps to regaining a sense of self-worth is by looking after ourselves ..... doing one small thing a day that leads in a better direction, and many here have found that one of those simple things can be turning around and making your bed (in some form or another) when you get out of it in the morning.  It's saying to yourself that you are worth a made bed.  It also smartens up the room in the process, no matter what the rest of it looks like, and it's something nice to come back to at the end of the day.  Making the bed also gives you space to lay things out on it like a work-bench of sorts, to help with sorting, or organising what you are going to wear, or whatever.

I call them "baby steps" .... taking small steps as and when you can to support your well-being in your physical body, even though that can take a while to reach through the fatigue, melancholy, sense of flatness or wanting to hide yourself away.

Please keep posting here.  There are others who feel the same who appreciate the company of finding someone else on the road with them .....

Have you taken a look at Social Spaces on the forum ?  You might find some common interest areas to share in.  There is also the Good Morning thread to have a bit of a check-in meet-and-greet .... 

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 😀hope things are okay with you. I’ve a bit on my plate atm but have to focus/believe. Anyway am off to bed now. Thankyou

Welcome to the forum @Lostkiwi

It's a pretty supportive place as you can see by the number of the wonderful regulars who got in with a welcome before the moderator.

Just a tip, if you are replying to someone or wanting to notify or touch base with someone, place an @ before their username, as in @Lostkiwi

All the best

Joe The Lion

No worries @TAB .... 

I have been on a bit of a bumpy flight-path lately, but there is good along with the bad, so getting there with it all .... its about persevering .....

G'night tabby cat .... 💤

Yeah , skills still un/under learned. At my age. @Faith-and-Hope Sometimes I wonder what would be/have been possible if had other’s ‘toolkit’ .. guess it has to be earned. Good Night. Thanks again

Perservering seems the go.

Hi Bye ... really mean .. Good Night.

@TAB @Faith-and-Hope

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance