Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

what a busy day youve had @Mazarita but sounds like a good one except for you pain tonight. i hope the rest of your evening is abit more relaxing though
Former-Member
Not applicable

Same as usual with me just stressed @outlander 

ok @messygril i know your situation is stressful but your doing the best you can and thats all you can do.
Hows your little girl going?

Big hugs to you @CheerBear i know you cant talk about alot but im happy to listen to the things you can ❤

Hi again everyone,

@Faith-and-Hope, a big new period of your life about to happen. Really glad to hear you don't have to live through the renovation of the old house in the west while living there. It's wonderful that both your place in the east and the unit in the west will include art spaces for you. The decision to sell the house seems practical and wise, given circumstances. Good to hear the unit will be a way to keep seeing your married children. But hearing you about how painful it is to be leaving a place that has so many family memories. How long have you lived in the house in the west? In any case, I wish you all the best with the next stage of family life. Love the garden image you posted. Heart

@outlander, I'm not 100% clear on the pain you have been having that led to the ultrasound. I imagine they have already done tests for bladder, urinary tract and kidney infections. Maybe it's worth exploring further with your doctor if you are having ongoing pain with it. I guess it's also possible that it's related to psychological issues, like anxiety. It would be good to get a clearer answer on what it is though. I wonder if you have a psychologist yet. Hoping you get some relief from these troubles soon. Heart

@Exoplanet, I do recall that you don't remember your dreams and that this is a relief to you. How awful to have lived with fear of sleep even as a child. I am glad for you that you have the peace from that at this time of your life.

I looked on the web about rectoceles. Do you think it came from childbirth in your case? Very sorry you have to live with that and totally get how that would excacerbate social anxieties and going to public places. It hasn't always been the case, but I have good control of both bowel and bladder at this time, as long as I am able to access a toilet without too much time passing. I'm go a fair bit over the day and night though, which is fatiguing, especially as a chronic condition that's been going on for decades. It was much worse when I was younger though. I'd often be sprinting for toilets from how urgent the diarrhea was (and sometimes not making it). It is extremely humiliating to suffer from these things. Good to have a laugh about it whenever possible though: 'people need to be mindful of their own shit', LOL!

Great to hear your day in the 'big smoke' was successful. That GPS takes you on some adventures! I enjoy hearing about the dogs' experiences too. How funny that your big pitbull was afraid on a little bridge! Cool with the $2 blanket from the op shop. Love what you were saying about the dogs touching noses through the fence, with wagging tails. Smiley Very Happy Heart

Off to bed now. Hope there is some quality sleep for all tonight. Heart

Thanks @Mazarita 💜🌷

Its been 8 years, but this house was a larger version of the 15 year one before, so there was a continuation, of you like.   The units are apartment living, with no garden, and while that can be lovely, it’s a complete departure from what feels like home to me .....

So.  The pros have to be my focus, and I just have to work out how to make it feel like home.  I will get there, and art spaces will go a long way towards helping with that.

I hope you’re feeling better today.  Thinking of you.

Good morning, everyone. Early morning 'wake break' here. Wishing everyone well this day. Heart

@Mazarita Hi Mazzy what a huge day you had yesterday. You must have been exhausted by the end of it.  I hope you slept well because of it. Yes I am wearing one of my pairs of  $6 leggings as I write this. Best and Less have improved out of sight over the years. No longer are the clothes unfashionable and frumpy :).

I went to my psychologist and spoke about many things. She is going to be good. I spoke about my anger issues and bad memories as they are the two major things that I want to deal with. Having this undercurrent of anger at times really bothers me as I don't consider myself to be an angry person but the illness thinks otherwise.

Hope you have a great day. Love gp xxxx

Hi everyone hope today has started peacefully and promises good things for all here.

@Mazarita  Big day out yesterday - well done.  Target also has a range for larger women that's called Belle Curve and still has some really cheap stuff that's reasonable quality.

@Faith-and-Hope What a huge time of transition for you - sending wishes for internal stability in the face of all the changes.  Nice to hear you will have dedicated art spaces in both your new homes.  Living in one room as I do I always have to put away my projects and I think I'd work on them more often if I didn't.  Before I came here I had a 2 bedroom flat of my own so I had an office area and art/craft room that I could leave what I was working on and come back without having to pack/unpack.  I do miss that.  Here I've just got a smallish table in the centre of the cabin that serves as dining table, office space, art/craft area - and anythinig else you can think of.  

Hoping the restructuring of the way you live works well for all your family's needs.  Have you thought of doing something like a vertical garden on a balcony?

@Exoplanet lovely to hear all about your big day out with the doggies.  What adventures you have.

My public activism came to a halt when I was 'punished' for choosing a side and helping some old aboriginal women in a famous land title claim that they should have had a share in.  Long story there.  I was lucky to live.

@Shaz51 and @outlander hoping you both have some resolution of the medical/physical issues really soon.  I'd keep pushing for a diagnosis too @outlander@Shaz51 hope your mum stabilizes soon too.

Hi @Former-Member

@CheerBear sending best wishes for a happier day for you.  You are so strong to keep on keeping on the way you do.  I've been wondering how your new-ish 'friendship' (with amorous content) is going for you.  Hoping it's developing nicely.  Sorry to hear about your greenhouse coming down and killing your seedlings.  I reckon some of the just might surprise you by germinating in that area.  Nice to hear you have your new garden ready to go.  I've been picking perfumed sweet peas for the cabin.  I love growing flowers - have gladdies almost ready to flower too and masses of nasturtiums - but we also have quite a bit of food harvesting atm too.  Night before last I made a 'Salsa Verde' (green sauce like pesto) with lots of parsley, mint and basil from the garden.  It's so good to eat such vital food.

@greenpea great to hear your new psychologist went really well and you are feeling hopeful of making progress with them.  

My day yesterday was pretty big too.  My newest support worker took my to the psychologist ap't and afterwards we came home for a while then went to check out the Flourish drop-in centre.  It looks like a great space - really big open area with rooms for music, art, quiet book space, movie area, gym, bistro (!) and dining area and then outside there's a smoking area and a bit of a garden that participants can do stuff in (very small so far but I might bring some things from our garden and plant them there possible).  However I was really on the alert about the other participants, even tho' I was told it was a very quiet afternoon.  The person who showed us around said there can be anything from 20 to 60 people there at any time.  I didn't do the craft activity yesterday coz they were doing collage which I do at home sometimes anyway.  I think it was really because there was only 1 guy there doing it.  Probably would have stayed if there'd been some women (which apparently there usually are).  Might aim for doing the art group next Tuesday.

Then we went to woollies briefly and to a cafe for a cuppa chai and a treat, then home and a bit more chat.  She's a little older than me and has cert IV and diploma in disabilities and MH support work, plus her own lived experience.  I feel good with her, she's more of the aspects I was hoping for than the other sw's I've engaged.

My psychologist ap't was pretty heavy stuff, going in depth on the dv that cost me my remaining teeth amongst other injuries.  I'm having a bunch of dental ap'ts to get new dentures atm and getting PTSD memories and re-trauma whenever someone does stuff around the face and neck.  So that episode of life has been coming up a lot more recently and I've got 5 more appointments to go.

Back is still sore - I keep doing stretches and sometimes using neurofen, arnica cream and voltaren gel and it gets better for hours then comes back.  Being stubborn about going to the Dr for it.

So that's my long rave for this morning.  Sending good wishes to all, and @Sophia1 too - thinking of you with your huge changes too.  

@eth that is one hell of a love rave my dear friend eth! I am giving you a tick now becauase it will take this lil pea's brain all day to read it lol. Will go and do some qi gong first to wake me up. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance