Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Apply for stuff @Sam3 like @Zoe7 said.
I am doing similar atm

Except today is Sunday so not today lol

First jobs done - have foamed up gaps that needed to be done. finally got a scre out of a shelf that was proving difficult and chipped off concrete that was in the way of putting ip part of the frame - small break then back into it @Sam3 @Flying_Hams @Former-Member. The next job is a big one cutting down an already existing sheet on the wall so I can attach the next sheet to the existing frame. Going to need planty of breaks as it is already getting warm out there.

Toby was going bananas - there must be a skink in the garage and he was trying to find it lol - the little skink was definitely hiding from him - smart skink - I don't know what Toby would do if he actually found it - Cat is the one that likes to play with skinks - Toby just barks at them - soooooo brave NOT lol

Just saw the photos @Flying_Hams - seems like we are both dealing with the lizard family today lol

Well done on finishing the first job @Zoe7 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Second job done @Sam3 - cut down the existing sheeting so the next sheet can be fixed on the same beam - will make it straighter and also more secure and with no gaps. It is going to be tricky to cut the new sheet to fit around the concrete but once that one is done the next 3 will be easier. Getting the first one straight and level is essential. Bigger break now until I do the next part of the frame - maybe get something to eat as well. How is your job hunt going?

Wow @Zoe7 go you good thing!!  I wouldn't know where to start with that sort of renovations.  Last year bro taught me how to use a drill and an orbital sander but I haven't done it since.  Managed to go 55 years without even learning how to use a drill!

wow , way to go @Zoe7 Smiley Very HappyHeart

Been doing this kind of thing most of my life @eth - taught myself at an early age how to use most tools. Have also done most renovations on my own but I will need help with putting the sheets up on the wall when I finish getting the frame built as they are quite large. I'll measure, cut and pre-drill each sheet and have them ready to go when my sister can come around and give me a hand then it will be a matter of her holding them while I glue and nail them on. Today I just want the framing completed and the area tidied up so I can do the sheets tomorrow. There is too much for me to get it all done today.

What are you up to today?

@Zoe7 spent part of the morning planting out seedlings - zucchini, cucumber, watermelon and a curry leaf tree.  Just pottering on here since.  Should get off the computer soon but will probably just watch tv or iview for a while.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance