Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

Helplines for carers

Does anyone know any helplines that are good for carers that i dont have to call so something  like webchat? 

Sane isnt online and its to hard to ring  so not carers australia? 

@Former-Member @Former-Member@Shaz51@Appleblossom@Smc@PeppiPatty @Determined@Owlunar and everyone

20 REPLIES 20
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Helplines for carers

Sorry @outlander I am not aware of any that you havent already tried.

have you left a message for SANE to get back to you @outlander

is there anything we can help with xxx

@Former-Member

Sorry, no ideas here @outlander. Are you after counselling style support or information-required support or..??
(Only answer that if it's not too confidential!)

I dont think i can talk about it here @Shaz51 khl and headspace dont help with things related to caring

I kinda need to talk about something @Smc but i dont think i can talk about it here but i dont have anyone else to talk to about how things are or what im needing help with or without getting yelled at anyway.

Yeah, I get that.

I talk through a lot of the more personal stuff with the psychologist I see regualrly, although of course she's not available "on call". Can't remember if you're seeing anyone?

Im with headspace counselling @Smc or well i will be in feb when i can start the mental health care plan up again.

I might be able to find a way to talk here will just have to find a way to word it. Its hard being a carer sometimes isnt it

yes it is @outlander

here for you and hugs xoxo

Oooh yeah it's hard. Studies show with unfortunate consistency that carers have the worst stats for physical and mental health. Worse than people on DSP. (Though that includes some of us carers too...).

So all the more important that we stay alert to our own needs too, and do something about meeting them.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance