Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jessten
Senior Contributor

Need help

I spent the entire day in hospital in another town I was visiting before being discharged with pain relief and told to follow it up with my gp but to come back to either that hospital or my local hospital if pain doesn't settle. My problem is that I'm in pain however I'm petrified of going to my local hospital as I have been so many times they ignore me now or I feel as though I'm being judged for wasting their time with comments like oh U have had this before. Or nurses comments like this is ... She is a regular.  The last time I went with a friend I got oh it's not for U this time. I have persistent pain before this and don't know if I'm overthinking things and how to overcome being judged

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need help

Hi @Jessten,

This sounds really hard - the physical pain - aswell as the emotional pain of being judged. Its dissappointing to hear that you have been treated insentively at a time when you clearly need and deserve support.

Regardless of how some hospital professionals might act, you are absolutely entitled and dersving of support. Persitant pain is very hard to cope with. If they are not taking you seriously, something to consider might be that this could be more of a reflection of thier lack of knoweldge/understanding, than of the legitimacy of your need for care.

Do other members have any advice or ideas for @Jessten ?

Thankyou it's just really hard to wrap my head around. Even when I overcame my fear and went up explaining exactly what had happened the day before including the fact I
knew I had an ovarian cyst I got from the nurse have U ever thought of going to the doctors to find out what's causing your pain. And the doctor on duty didn't believe me when I told him I had no idea about the size or anything. I ended up getting more upset as they didn't believe me or want to listen so I went home in just as much pain without achieving anything.

@Jessten Its hard to find a good gp.  One that will take the time and listen and follow through on things.  One gp warned me that my ovaries would start to groan ... not sure what that was about ... and they do feel like that ... not sure what the diagnostic tests for that are ...

Its hard when we dont feel the health system are doing there job.  I found that I had to work very hard over time to develop trust with a gp and then THEY would move ... 

Take Care of you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance