Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Razzle
Senior Contributor

Shingles AGAIN 😭😭

You know, because having it once a year isn’t enough. 😏😏

I had shingles 6 months ago, and after an itchy day yesterday and last night the tingling/burning started along with the rash.

Quick trip to local hossie this morning, caught it in time so I shouldn’t get the blisters.  On antibiotics, I hate that, they always make me so nauseous.

Bloody stress, it really takes a toll on your body.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Shingles AGAIN 😭😭

@Razzle Hi Razzle never had shingles but just the word puts me at unease as I know how painful they are. Hope you are feeling better soon. greenpea

Hello @Razzle, @greenpea

I have had shingles three times in my life , sending you knowing hugs my friend Heart

@BlueBayhas had shingles too

Hi @Shaz51@Razzle@greenpea

ive had shingles a few times over the years. I got it about 5 months ago. Soon as I saw the rash I got to the doctor sbd took the meds. 

Stress def doesn’t help. And I’m sure the pain (nerve) csn still be felt at times especially when I’m stressed but no rash. 

Hope you get better soon @Razzle

hope you feel better soon too @Razzle Heart

@Shaz51

@BlueBay

@greenpea

Thanks everyone, no blisters, just nerve pain.  Have taken the antibiotics, should have a clear 3 days before I start feeling the nausea, the last few days of antibiotics are the worst, don’t tolerate them very well.  

Have been under a huge amount of stress lately, should have seen this coming.

Time for some pain killers and bed I think, here’s hoping for some decent sleep.

@Razzle good night sleep sounds the way to go. I think I might join you.:)

don`t scracth @Razzle, pain killers and showers my friend xx hope you feel better soon

Good night @Razzle hope you can sleep xxx

@greenpea

@Shaz51

@BlueBay

Slept ok last night, still a little itchy and have a bit of nerve pain in my jaw, but it’s way better than the last time I had it.

I’m now losing skin off my fingertips.  I have psoriasis and it usually flares up in hot weather or when I’m stressed - that was the double whammy today.  

I think I need to just crawl back into bed for a week or 2 and switch off from the world before anything else packs it in.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance