Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Buck
Casual Contributor

So confused

My girlfriend has BPD and is pregnant. We were living together, and she said she needed a breakand asked me to leave her house and stay at mine which I did.  We continued to talk via text message, and I spent two nights with her.  About two weeks ago my girlfriend has said she was done with the relationship and we were broken up.  We did not talk for the next five days and then she reached out to say happy fathers day. I thanked her, and she later sent me another message regarding her son that I also responded to. Two days later she asked me to come pick up my stuff, and we arranged a time, but I also said we needed to talk. She said we could talk about the baby but there was nothing else we need to talk about. 

I arrived at her home to get my stuff, and nothing was packed. I began packing my stuff, and we made small talk mostly.  She told me when the next Dr. Appointment was.  She tried to start a small argument but, I dodged it, aasked her if there was anything she needed and then left after she said no.  The next morning, she text telling me she gave me a way out and I jumped. She said that when she stopped chasing me I cut her off. She also said that it was proof of how much I never really loved or cared for her. I told her I never wanted this that I love her and wanted us to be together, but that she had said she was done.  She responded saying I was playing like I was a dumbass, and that it was done for sure.  I have not responded since. 

I love her deeply and never wanted her to  chase me.  She asked me to leave and give her space, so I did.  She often put me down when she text me, pushed me away when I would reach out, and put negative comments on social media, all of which I did not respond tonegatively, or in the case of the social media posts, ignored.  I do not know what to do, or how she is feeling.  As I said I love her, and I want to work things out but I can't seem to do anything right with her right now.  I am so confused by her behavior, as this is so not the girl I started dating and fell in love with.   Has anyone experienced anything like this before, and do you have any advice.  I would greatly appreciate your input.

1 REPLY 1

Re: So confused

Hi @Buck,

This sounds heartbreaking. Im sorry that you're going through this. There is a a discussion thread started by someone who has a partner with BPD that might find useful here.

Other members have experiences, advice or support to share?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance