Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

Sending gentle encouragement your way @Jacques  to see if you can make it out twice a week 😀.

step by step my @Jacques Heart

someone can love someone like me.''-- @Jacques  i have known you for more than 4 years and I think you are a loving , caring supportive person ever and you were there for me when I arrived my friend

you will get back into things xx

i finding it hard too to do something for me , it is for everyone else xxxx

Hi Everyone, 

My partner has made an attempt on her life today, i wont know if she is ok till tomorrow, im so so scared of losing her, she was doing so so well, and she is really struggling, i feel like i have let her down and not done enough for her. 

it came as a shock, it has been a long time since she has tried this. im scared if she survives she will keep trying. 

i want to save her and would do anything for her.

i feel so so lost and alone

@Jacques  so sorry to hear that. 

Hi @Jacques 

So sorry to read about your partner. It must be a harrowing time for you. 

Please look after yourself during this difficult time. The helplines such as Suicide Call Back service and Lifeline are also there to support people going through exactly what you are experiencing right now. Please reach out and talk if you need to.

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

I so hope everything turns out alright. Please look after yourself yeah.

All the best

@Jacques

Sending gentle thoughts your way.  How are you today?

So sorry to hear about your partner @Jacques, we all hope you both had a better day today. How are you feeling?

Hi @Former-Member  and @Ali11 

i am coping, i had a really long night, i thought i was going to wake up and not here from my partner again, it felt like someone knocked the wind out of me, im so so scared of losing her, she is ok today, she feels guilty and ashamed, im trying my best to support her and be non udgmental, i love her so so much

That's great that you are there for your partner @Jacques, have you had the chance to talk to someone about what has happened in the past 24 hours? 

hi @Ali11 no, i tryed to contack suicidecallback service, but i was too anxious, so i just dealt with my panic attacks and thoughts on my own

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance