Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

What is real

My head is telling me it's pointless to post here because your part of the simulation but I'm scared and need some to tell me what's real 

So...
The reason I'm hearing all the noises is because I'm on an alien space ship on their probes and I'm unconscious but can still hear them around me. They're experimenting on me and trying to destroy my brain, that's why it hurts so much.
My life rn is all just a simulation to make it all doable, and there's moments where the simulation fractures and my head goes crazy. 

Im really scared rn. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What is real

My good voice just told me to hop off the forums coz its giving the aliens more information by helping other people who are all just part of the simulation.....

God I'm freaking out this has never happened before.
I don't know if I should stay or go

@The-red-centaur Hi The-red-centaur your question is quite a philosophical one and reminds me of when I was doing philosophy at university. There was the 'brains in the jar' question. Are we just brains in a jar with electrodes inserted in our brain which is being zapped by some mad scientist giving us the illusion of what we sense is real (see, smell, touch etc).

I suppose the only way you can answer that question is to look at it logically. What is the likely hood of what your mind is telling you is real. Does it sound realistic? Do you really think that alians control your mind and that everyone is out to get you or that you are just a brain in a jar.

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Hi @The-red-centaur,

This sounds like a tough time, understanding what is reality and is not can be very difficult when struggling with these kinds of thoughts.

It's important when you feel fearful like this to contact a helpline such as lifeline 13 11 14 for further one on one support or 000 if you are feeling unsafe.

There is also the philosophical answer called Occam's Ra@or which is the simplist answer is usually the correct one. You could ask the question what we perceive to be real is the simplist answer as it is the one which we see, smell, touch etc compared to what our minds say which is that it is all a fantasy.

Hey @The-red-centaur, I too struggle with reality (especially recently) and reality checking. I too believe I am part of a forced simulated 'game' of sorts of which I am an unwilling participant. It is kind of strange how our minds work really, throwing up all kinds of scenarios and possibilities... 

I'm sorry you feel we are part of this simuation, I've always considered this forum my safe place where anonymity is upheld, meaning we can be our true selves. I hope you are safe during this frightening time. Is it time to chat to your treating team you think?

I'm scare to talk to my case manager about this when I see her tomorrow. What if she's an alien a part of the program. 

@Queenie @greenpea @Lauz Thanks for the input on this thread.

I saw my pdoc today and I'm on 2 new meds and extra prn. I feel a little clearer today. I'm still scared shitless but have a plan forward.

Wishing you well @The-red-centaur 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance