Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

bad to worse

I feel really bad- I feel so not good. 

Collected daughters school work from old school & then pages are practically empty- 10 weeks they have been in school for term one & 

26 pages in total were in her scrapbooks - not all were completed a third were not done at all-

it looks like a couple of weeks work - not a full terms work- 

& my daughter told me every time she went to toilet when she came back she was told to sit on the mat & would have to finish it another time- which she never got presented the work  to complete or given the opportunity to complete for homework or on weekends or recess/ lunch- 

same with the mentor- when she returned she was not explained the work that the class was doing or given the opportunity to complete- she was just told to sit on the mat & finish later- with no direction as to how or when to finish-so she just didn't ever get it done- I was not kept in the loop & she felt she was falling more behind as a result of this instead of helping her catch up. 

I just feel so sick inside. 

I found out I didn't read my lease properly or understand it as I am not good with paperwork & all the very large trees that are on the property & I assumed would be the owners responsibility to trim - is written in the lease it's my responsibility- I can't afford that- I am already drowning in the overpriced rent 

my he recessed lighting is all my responsibility to change to & I would imagine they are expensive & I don't know how to do it so will have to pay for a tradie to do it - I can't afford that & didn't realise- if I did I would never have moved into this place- especially the trees. 

I feel like I'm spiralling out of control- I was told about the rental thing for people of low incomes & thought that's my way out of this mess IV got myself into- but the houses are all so far away in areas I don't know & I will loose my supports that I have in place that took so long to finally get because I will no longer be in the right area- also I don't think my agoraphobia will let me move to a place so far away- I feel like I am trapped & drowning in quicksand- I need to get out of this house ASAP- but can't Think or function properly- I don't feel like my brain is working properly & IV been in bed the past two days crying & feeling so much overwhemling anxiety & c PTSD agoraphobia- I literally don't know how I am going to get out of this house into a new one - but have to ASAP. 

We had storms last night & I was up paranoid the whole night that the overgrown trees would break of & blow into the house. 

I am not coping- things just seem to go from worse to worse & I can't see a way out. 

I really need help but have nobody 

1 REPLY 1

Re: bad to worse

We're sorry to hear about your home situation and your daughter's schooling @Serenity1. When does your daughter start her new school - is it after the Easter break? Hopefully, this change will see your daughter's situation improve. 

Regarding work around the house, is it possible to check with your community centre to see if they have services available to help?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance