Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: getting older and medication and how it affects our body image

@greenpea  Thanks for post. Thanks for thinking of me. It is raining here this morning. So I think I will go for walk in the afternoon hopefully no rains.

Just sitting and read forum and look at hiking exercises.

@Meowmy Hiking exercises sounds a great idea. Was raining during the night here but when I opened the front door this morning it was a brilliant sky of stars and the moon. Have a wonderful day. greenpea :)xxxx

@greenpea  Thanks. Hope to talk later about the day.

Hi @greenpea @Queenie @Ali11 @Meowmy  and others reading 

I’m having a lot of trouble with my body image. Since 10 years ago when started taking meds I’ve put on weight. And now in my early 50’s which menopause has arrived I’m the biggest I’ve ever been. 

I hate the way I look. I hate that I don’t look nice in clothes I buy. And I don’t like buying clothes because if this. 

I get jealous of others becayse they look so good in their 50’s. 

I feel fat frumpy snd it’s getting worse. 

I thought if I stop my meds snd don’t eat very much would hrlp me lose this weight. 

I get so depressed thst I think what’s the point in walking. I’m now walking daily for 40-50 mins. For the past month.  But I csnt see any improvement or weight loss. 

Its really depressing. 

Hey @BlueBay for me, hormonal changes are already occurring. I had weight loss but since a change in medication in May/June, I’ve put it all back on and then some. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been too. I find it hard to find nice clothes to fit me. I’m disappointed in how I look but know I just have to try harder in other ways to feel good about how I look.

@BlueBay  Hey BlueBay I get it. I have never been so overweight in my life and being overweight plus having shakey arm all due to medications I feel like I dont know myself anymore BUT I really cannot come of meds because I will go insane again .... it is like pick your poison .... I was just talking about it to my daughter yesterday and she gave me a big hug and said 'Poor mum'. I walk 5 days a week. Have the weekends off to recoup. I commiserate my dear friend BlueBay. I get it but have no answers.Love peaxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance