Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//Designing your online world//Tues. 16 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

The challenge (for me at least) is to get the most out of it without it becoming stressy or negative, Me too @SANEwriter, @Phoenix_Rising 

+ @Former-Member @Phoenix_Rising

@Former-Member Totally. Especially for me with news & social media sites, which is where I spend a lot of my time. I'm going to focus on those a lot tonight.

Hi all 🙂

I'm here tonight because I spend a lot of time online. Like @Phoenix_Rising, I think the online world can be incredibly helpful but also difficult in many ways and maybe not helpful at times. I'm hoping to learn some ways I can make the most of my time online 🙂

@SANEwriter - same things as yourself and @Phoenix_Rising. But I have a conflict in wanting to share my story and experiences as well as learn and grow with my mental health issues, but I'm wary of how and what I share. So while I like and occasionally share relevant posts, I stay within certain closed groups to protect myself from shame, stigma and humiliation

@CheerBear @Phoenix_Rising It's so tricky, isn't it? I don't want to not be online, so I do a lot of stuff to make it and me as safe as possible.

Such a wise thing to do, @Sans911. In fact, that sort of leads into the first topic I wanted to bring up -- gimme a second, I'll post it. Smiley Happy

I am dropping by to see peoples thoughts, I use very little social media outside of forums, fb is only for university notifications, news feeds and intrest groups like fishing & photography to learn new skills and some professional networking platforms. I deleted all my social media accounts a couple of years ago and started again because it was getting me down for diffrent reasons. One being my wifes fb posts, (bit hard to block or defriend ones wife lol) 

Here's the first topic I wanted to talk about:

Sharing & disclosure

A friend of mine once tweeted: ‘I reserve the right to talk completely openly about my mental health here, then be a cagey a**hole about it because it’s private.’

That perfectly sums up the tension I feel about talking about my mental health online. I want to talk fearlessly, but I also want my privacy. What do you say & not say about yourself online? How do you decide?

I do worry about my darlings social media use and its effect on her, there is a definite correlation between mood stability and data use 😞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance