Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Nay69
Senior Contributor

Drinking already

I am feeling very unsettled and I’m drinking my anxiety away right now. My mr has hurt me emotionally to the point that I don’t know how to cope.

I don’t want to feel like this anymore 💐

@Faith-and-Hope @Sophia1@frog@boot and anyone else who cares

41 REPLIES 41

Re: Drinking already

@Nay69 sweetie don't drink it wont solve anything. I don't think we have spoken but I have time now to talk or to sit with you if that is what you would prefer. greenpea

Thanks @greenpea

I just feel really lost right now. I am in a marriage that is not working, my mr is constantly telling me that I am fat yada yada and it’s wearing me down

@greenpea

I know that my problems are not that important to most people but for me they are definitely real and they are massive.
I appreciate you being here for me right now

@Nay69  Are you thinking of seperating? it is hard particularly if you have children (I don't know if you do have or not). I am divorced and seperation was hell becauase of my mi. Sweetie just don't drink it won't help you in the long term as you have to keep a clear head.

Here with you @Nay69 .... ❤️

Its natural to want to numb those painful feelings, but getting to the cause of them is the most important thing.  You need support in your situation, and the starting point is usually speaking with your gp.  They are in a position to refer you on to counsellors who can help you with your choices.  It’s not selfish to prioritise yourself, it’s necessary, and to be able to help your family, you have to have your needs met.

If you contact Sane chatline by calling the number at the top of the page, or email team@saneforums.org the moderators here can help you find services in your state too.

Keep reaching out here as well @Nay69.  Whatever you choose to do you will need support and your fou

rum friends are here for you.

@Nay69 Well actually your problems are important to us all on the forums. We are like a family here and hate to see one of us in pain. Do you have friends or family that you can talk to?

@greenpea

I have contemplated leaving so many times because I know that is what he wants. Our daughter is the only glue holding us together. I feel bad for her because she doesn’t need to be stuck in the middle of this. I am trying so hard to protect her but I feel like I am failing 😐

Thanks so much my dear friend @Faith-and-Hope ❤️

No one really @greenpea.

My brother and sister have a close relationship and I am not welcome.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance