Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

Hello @Alicat 

I still like that pseudonym, even if your avatar looks more like Wonder-Woman. The image that I have in mind is a very lithesome creature prowling along with intent and purpose.

Is there a word Lithesome?

Lithesome describes something that's graceful and flexible, like a ballet dancer or a willow tree bending in the wind. Use the adjective lithesome when you need a delicate word to describe a person or thing that bends and turns easily, whether it's a jaguar in the jungle or a young gymnast on a balance beam.

Pleased to see you present. I had wondered where you were.

Best Wishes

Hi there funny @HenryX 🙂 is that an Albatros avatar I see?

Haha Lithesome...I've learnt a new word today ty. I once was lithesome pouncing on netballs like a cat, not now with these sore knees.

hope you had a wonderful weekend?

Thanks for stopping by xx

Hello @Alicat

My avatar is actually a model aeroplane that appealed to me at the time for its neat lines. Not too sure about it's potential air worthiness though.

In view of the fact that I may be grounded, if I were to spread discussion of aeroplanes beyond the perimeter of

"Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar"

I have invited you to join the "crew" over there in the "Hangar" by using your forum address in that thread.

A wide range of topics is discussed.

We endeavour to keep the kettle boiling, the conversation interesting and respect each other's point of view.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

7dimensions_wheel-1.png

hello @HenryX@Alicat@Anastasia@Dimity@Clawde@SmilingGecko@Scoo@Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @cloudcore , @Former-Member , @Adge@pinklollipop15@pancakes@Emelia8@Teej@Faith-and-Hope@Zoe7@Eve7@Bow@utopia@Jacques@BlueBay@oceangirl 

👍💞 @Shaz51 ......

Former-Member
Not applicable

Love this, @Shaz51! It's so good to be along the path to healing and recovery and to be able to confidently tick of a lot of these, but also to use it as a reminder that all sections of the pie need to be nourished. Wish they taught these skills in high school, perhaps they do these days? It certainly wasn't taught in school when I was growing up.

@Faith-and-Hope 

Yes it would be good if it was part of learning in schools @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Visual tools like this one have more an impact with me than just written info - I appreciate you sharing this with us here @Shaz51

hello @Alicat@HenryX@Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Daisydreamer@Paperdaisy@Appleblossom@Adge@Scoo@Dimity@outlander@Snowie@Sans911 , @Former-Member , @Dali@Alicat@Wanderer@Wander@cloudcore@tyme , @Former-Member , @Owlunar , @Former-Member , @Peri@Emelia8@eth@Olga@wellwellwellnez@AussieRecharger@ShiningStar@SmilingGecko@Ant7@Eve7@Bow@Determined@Smc@Bezak482@Jo-anneJoy@Jo 

emotional-maturity-l.jpg

X

X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance