Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shirazchurch
Casual Contributor

Dealing with guilt, stress and loneliness

Hi everyone,

First time posting on here. I've been going through large amount of depression and guilt having recently lost a whole lot of friends over drama with another and have been struggling to find things to do on weekends and find new friends out of fear of slipping up and hurting others. I guess what I'm asking is how do others deal with be alone or having difficulty finding friends.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Dealing with guilt, stress and loneliness

Hey @Shirazchurch ,

I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going so well and you find yourself alone.

Is it worthwhile examining why the last friendship didn't work out so as to hopefully prevent a repeat of the situation?

What are somethings you like doing?

Thank you for that,

I enjoy gaming, board games, art, music and film but it seems like all people want to do is go out for drinks that I find really boring. I try to talk with people but I feel like I never know what to say and I feel like there's always this aura around me where no one wants to know me or forget about the knew me even though I never do anything wrong or mean to do anything wrong.

In life, I found that it's important to find your tribe. If your 'friends' just want to go out to drink, then maybe they aren't the ones to hang out with? 

For me, I don't like watching telly or movies, so if that's all my 'friends' wanted to do, I'd prob not hang out with them. 

Any possibility of joining some clubs or something?

You know what? Based on what you have mentioned, I reckon you may find our Guided Service beneficial. You need to check if your postcode is eligible first, but it's essentially working with someone over the phone on some goals. e.g. social goals. https://www.sane.org/referral#registering-myself

Please know you are not alone. There are many people who have these feelings of loneliness. I used to feel lonely, but defo not anymore! I live alone, but I'm certainly not lonely!

I'm here if you need a chat.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance