Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shirazchurch
Casual Contributor

Dealing with guilt, stress and loneliness

Hi everyone,

First time messaging on here and I guess what I want to ask is how do others deal with loneliness or stress of not having people around to spend time with on weekends ect. Recently I've gone through an extremely hard time having lost a whole of friends and have to start over trying to find events and things to do with people. I've also been dealing with a lot of guilt over loosing my friends and generally feel hateful to myself.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Dealing with guilt, stress and loneliness

I think I responded to you in another thread 🙂 @Shirazchurch If check and if not, I'll respond again.

@Shirazchurch Hello. Solitude is a wonderful thing. Believe it to be your friend. Use solitude to reflect and understand who you are as a person. What kind of person do you want to be ? Solitude needs to be your friend. Don't be influenced by society's expectations or believe because you are lonely you are inadequate or awkward or any other negative traits. Be patient. Be kind, be generous, be thoughtful of others, and don't be afraid to be selfless. Friendships are difficult to maintain. It what we seek and its what we yearn. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Thank you for that. I still find it generally frustrating being alone. I want to be social and have a life outside of work but I just feel like something is wrong with me and no one ever really wants to do things on weekends 

Hey
@Shirazchurch,
I think I kind of get the place you are in. Maybe ask yourself do I need to wait for people to go out? Or can I just go, see what happens? So you lost some friends but who’s to say you can’t find new ones. I think when people move away from us, it’s not about you so much, it’s very often about them also. Think of it as a fresh start. This time you have more choice, if it doesn’t feel right, you can walk away.
Just a thought from someone who had found themself in a place also!

Thank you for that. I think I might try that and going when I feel the best for it. I spoke to one of my friends that left me and it made me feel like I'm a real horrible person and maybe the answer is I need time alone to reorganise myself and try to be a better person. I generally hate myself at times but I'm thankful to still have some people willing to talk and help me understand the mistakes I make and try to do better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance