Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Difficulties

Hi everyone,

I am having difficulties with my mental health issues today. I have asked for help with problematic behaviours. So I spoke to my psychologist for DBT skills. I have ideas for distress tolerance skills.

I am working towards recovery for today and making sure I do my best. So I am going to work it through and I am just letting you know that I had a crisis this morning. And I contacted my psychologist she was surprised that I put my best foot forward.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Difficulties

Hey! @Sapphire2 

Thank you so much for sharing how you're feeling today. Do you have any ideas of things that might help you (when you mentioned distress tolerance skills)? 

I am really glad that you were able to contact your psychologist and I hope that you're feeling better after this morning. 

Here if you needed to chat at all. 

You're doing so well,

Amber22

I am going to do some meditation for distress tolerance skills.

Drinking water/tea and yoga. I am going to see what matches up.

I'm hearing you @Sapphire2 . For me, increasing my distress tolerance was ensuring I had the resources to do things that were helpful such as a timer, sensory items, art/craft equipment etc. 

I'd do a lot of self talk and say that if i waited 15 mins and still felt the same, then do what I needed, otherwise it was an opportunity to increase the time between thought and action. Gradually, I'd increase this time more and more. 

I found I had to be gentler to myself in the evenings because things got worse in the evenings.

Thoughts?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance