Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

Finally some good news

As some may know, Ive made some major changes to my diet and life in general. Im on a GP Care Plan and was due for a review so when we organised bloods for the review I got them to do a more complete panel, like check vitamins, minerals, iron, as much as possible, mainly to make sure my new diet wasnt leaving me deficient in anything. Turns out it wasnt but it had also started to correct a whole heap of stuff. 

My kidneys have improved, my liver has improved heaps, multiple enzymes out now just one. My blood pressure has reduced so much that they have reduced my blood pressure meds to get it up a little. Iron for the first time in years is back to good instead of anemic. My cholesterol is still a bit high but thats probably smoking and Im trying to quit that. My vitamin D is pretty low so Im going on suppliments for that, will be year round. Because of my pain and limitations I dont and cant spend much time out in the sun, so its not a huge suprise.

Biggest improvement in my physical health in years. It hasnt been simple making the change in my diet or my life in general. But when I got diagnosed with Diabetes a couple months ago I decided that I had to change, I wasnt going to end up losing a foot or a leg because I wouldnt change what I eating. I didnt get what I was doing so wrong, but I saw a nutritionist and I got my head around things, worked out what I was doing that wasnt helpful and set about putting together a better diet that Id enjoy and it actually worked out. I still have chips and iced coffee, not nearly as often or nearly as much but I enjoy my diet. Im still improving it, Im still finding better options etc. but I do enjoy what I eat. I enjoy losing weight and being healthier far more.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Finally some good news

Hey there! @ClockFace 

I just wanted to pop in and say how amazing this progress is!! I am so happy for you, have you noticed that you're feeling better mentally and physically as well? 

I am really glad that you're still able to have the foods that you enjoy the most, even if it doesn't happen often, it's great that you can still include them in your diet. Being healthier is such a journey but you seem to sound like you're working on it really well and doing things that work for you. 

I hope you're having a great day! 

Amber22

@ClockFace That's great news, well done!

@amber22 

Yeah I do feel better physically and mentally. I Started a new med around the same time and that made a huge difference for me physically and mentally, massivly mentally its like the me of 15 years ago just better. I still have my "issues" but no medication is a cure. But the diet has helped a massive amount too. I dont get enough Oxygen while I sleep, they are investigating why (I have sleep apnea but thats treated). I think the only reason I am surviving this as well as I am is my diet. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance