Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

Jan 26th bs

Comes up every year still the same old bs just a reminder most of Australia doesn’t bother to listen to voices of their people, still stuck in their old ways 

pissesme off

shiukd be used to it by now though if the voice told us anything is that Australia is anti change 

I don’t understand why people are so hell bent on keeping it that date 

3 REPLIES 3
Dimity
Senior Contributor

Re: Jan 26th bs

I care @ArraDreaming 

Just today I signed a petition,  posted to my friends on FB and sent an email to my MP about related stuff

@ArraDreaming  Totally agree. My family and I were gutted by the referendum result. Never felt more ashamed.

Okay, the referendum failed. Nothing that can be done about that now.

But that doesn't mean that we can't strive for all the improvements, right? It just means that their not going to happen via the voice.

Like, one of the big things that kept coming up during the voice campaign was about how the voice was gonna reduce the elevated number of aboriginal infant deaths. So why can't we just go ahead and start setting up whatever infant death reduction strategies the voice was gonna reccommend? And ditto for all the other things it was gonna reccommend, for all the other major problems aboriginals endure, too.

So many issues that need real action, but we never hear about the government taking any real action on any of them.

Instead, all we've heard about this week is "tax cuts". All well and good for a lot of people I suppose, but I'm still left wondering why it's been more then 3 months since this voice that was supposed to save all these infants, and yet we still haven't heard any mention of any new schemes being enacted (or even proposed) to reduce aboriginal infant deaths. Likewise on all the other issues, too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance