Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Lace
New Contributor

Medication/advice

I haven’t had my antidepressant for a couple of days, I just got a new script today, feeling nauseous, shaky, headache. Wondering if I could take one tablet now, and one before bed like usually do..  tia. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Medication/advice

Hi @Lace,

It sounds like you aren't feeling the best at the moment, but it's a good idea to follow the dose on your prescription. If you need to talk lifeline is available on 131114 24 hours a day.  

Hey there @Lace 

I think following your prescription is best, and maybe not take two doses today as you've mentioned (one now and one before bed) 

The other thing to keep in mind is that some side effects of not having your medication for a couple of days can be something that needs monitoring, so if you aren't feeling well, start to feel faint, or other symptoms that concern you, please do feel free to go to the emergency room for them to assess you (some medications can affect how your body works) 🙂

Hey @Lace that sounds hard to deal with. Unfortunately we can't give medical advice on the forums and that's stated in our guidelines you can find here 

I encourage you to speak with a doctor. Please take care 💝

Hey @Lace 

As others have said we can't give medical advice here, but we're always available to talk. How are you feeling today? Hoping things were better today, and that the nausea and unpleasant bodily sensations have subsided.

Thinking of you, please treat yourself kindly with what you're going through 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance