Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Mental health

Hi everyone!

Has anyone noticed as apart of mental health recovery that's based on "putting ones life back together".

As I was speaking to my occupational therapist which I have known for years. I noticed so much time has passed by. For my whole life I have had Autism and ADHD, also with my other disorders Anorexia 27 years, Bulimia 19 years, depression 24 years and other disorders.

Before a recovery can be pieced together you need to get to know the illness. So no matter what diagnosis is effecting the first brave comment is to say "I need help".

It's a scary process and it takes courage to go through the process.

Remember:

"Try and try again!'

Also just letting everyone know if you learn to love yourself, it will show!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mental health

Hi @Sapphire2,

Thank you for sharing an insight into your journey, I am sending you lots of virtual hugs and support. You are so strong to endure as much as you have and still be so positive, shows how much courage and the strength you have.     

@Sapphire2  Thank you for sharing the bravery and deep knowledge that comes from your experience, and trying again is really important to moving forward in recovery 🙂🌺

Love it!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

@Sapphire2 thank you so much for sharing your lived experience.

I want to express also how much your message of hope means. It is heartwarming and inspiring when a peer shares their journey of recovery and kind words. 

Thank you, and I hope you've lived by those words of self-love and kindness today ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance