Re: No time for self care? Here's a 5-step guide for busy people

1. Start with your needs first

2. Schedule it

3. Priortise 

4. Be assertive about setting your boundaries

5. Focus on little and often

**See this article for more information

Got any other ideas? Tell us what you do? 

So @CherryBomb writes about self care......

I'm trying to self care lately.......

It's great to see you @Former-Member my special friend @Shaz51 @Determined @outlander

I havent self cared well this week. We are going to Relationships Australia on Monday and thats what Ill be talking about.....

Thanks for the tips @PeppiPatty
Good luck for your appointment on monday ❤

will be thinking of you and  your appointment on monday my special friend @PeppiPatty xoxo

Dearest @outlander @Shaz51

I just think that we have the best Relationship councillor in the world.....who would expect to see a wonderful councellor in a place where you always feel....there are a lot of ragged clients and then......there's me and Mr G turning up for tips on our relationship.

Of course, when I got there: all my things I wanted to talk about fell out of the window....

Mr G could'nt come because of his knee....  he is very scared that he would hit it or hurt it so we had him on skype.

I began by talking about the difficulties of him working out what intamacy means for us.....

then I discussed what my Sister in law did to me over the weekend. 

Wow, Mr G joined in and we really knuckled it out so I didnt bring in my personal problems into my role of being Mr G's carer.

We also discussed what Mr G needed to take heed of which is always caring for me......we spent about 10 minutes of our time doing that. We spoke of what I needed to do to self care. It was from having a little cat nap to a nice smoothie to going out for a little walk or just doing some artwork. 

What the councellor and Mr G said about my Sister in Law is not to ENGAGE. 

Just.........DON'T ENGAGE. 

Just.....let it go. Act as if nothing happened and don't give the problem oxygen. More to come.....

im glad things are working out for you @PeppiPatty

hopefully you can work out your intimacy issues and your sister in law as well. hoping mr G gets better soon too. please make sure you take care of yourself as well, your just as important Heart

Dear @outlander

Thank you, I needed to hear that. 

I had Silver chain over this morning and she vaccuumed our home very thoroughly and dusted....thankfully :0) 

The Silver Chain office rang about me getting some more support for cleaning and social support for meditation. 

Thank you again, all support form you is very appreciated.....Mr G is good that he goes to Relationships Australia ...he always goes funny about two days before his Depo needle...poor man......

im glad your cleaner is doing a thorough job esp now its spring so the dust and pollen that gets stuck inside can make us very sneezy! @PeppiPatty 

have you thought about going to a local meditaion group? is that what you mean by social support?

aww poor man, yeah i wouldnt be very happy about getting that needle either!

@outlander, @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member, @Determined

self care.jpg

You are right @outlander......The Psych hospital that we are connected with are doing an awesome job...we have a good case manager and Psychiatrist...it makes days easier....

Social support is with Silver Chain, a carers agency in Western Australia. It means that a carer comes to my place for an hour for one week and one and a half hour the next week. We have decided to meditate: She now takes me to a cafe and buys me a yummy milkshake and we listen to Jon Kabat Zinn for all the time we can. We sit in her new car......We have been doing this for over a year. about 18 months...

https://youtu.be/u4gZgnCy5ew

The spiritual teacher Jon Kabat-Zinn teaches us about body scan meditation