Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Psychiatrist

I was nervous about seeing the psychiatrist this afternoon. I was speaking to him about long-term treatment for mental health issues. I was talking about DBT.

As they say "let the piece's fall were they may".

4 REPLIES 4
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: Psychiatrist

All the best with the appt @Sapphire2 I hope you get what you need from it! Feel free to report back afterwards if you need a space to debrief, here to listen 😊

I was in session and I spoke to my psychiatrist about my mental health issues. Like psychosis and psychotic disorders. I was quite surprised by the way he helped me understand things.

With the DBT I asked him if it would be good to do DBT for 3 to 5 years. He said it would be a good idea because of my mental health issues with 5-7 disorders. So I am going to talk to my psychologist and go from there.

Hi @Sapphire2 

I did DBT quite a number of years ago now and found it to be helpful.

I was thinking of doing a refresher on it.

I hope you find it useful.

I am happy with the way things are improving. It takes time to begin to feel better and my psychiatrist is happy with me too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance