Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Trying to have an optimistic start to the year

Hello Friends, Thought Id write how things are going ,Im trying to start the year off positively with a list of goals to acheive for the year ,and im trying to get those goals going early ,sort of wholistic approach ,self care which is including music ,Alone time at the shops ,bought a Journal that has prompts to help me get back into Journaling and writting my thoughts which seems to be helping me, goals are important to have a sense of purpose and focus ,Ive cleaned my room and reset my bedding which again helps,I actually had a rather restfull sleep last night,Im eating regualrly and drinking enough fluids espesiaclly as its summer,Ive seemed to taking a liking to cordial which is helping increase water intake, I guess Im trying to find enjoyment in the small things and not feel quilty for treating myself once all other responsibilities are done that is ,also Im trying to cut down on spending , which is actually helping also,making sure needs are covered first before any small treats that are wanted ,I guess Im using this time the start of the year to just reset a vaierty of things as much as possible into a good light or perspective,trying to cut down on social media, i dont know maybe less really can be more in different areas of life ,my relationship with family memebrs is mostly ok, romantic partner and I are doing well also,just doing my best to fill time in with good things to start the year off in a good way , I find that a needs based aproach always works best ,also went for a short walk outdoors which Im going to try to keep doing , trying to also workout my plan of action for gaining employment this year which Ive decided means maybe doing something at least for short term that I may not actually want to do nessaserrily but its something that would be for my own good and help me to gain current skills and upskill basically in a volunteer role a few days a week ,would also teach me good level of tollerence from those of various backgrounds if I volunteered for a time ,now I know its not paid work but it may be the jump start I need or a stepping stone into payed employment so Im just figuring out what times and days Id like to do that ,hopefully then employers maybe more inclined to consider me for paid work , the goal of getting work is definetly one of my top priorities for this year, thanks for listening to my post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Trying to have an optimistic start to the year

Thanks for the update @LostAngel ! Sounds like a great place to start. Well done!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance