Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Unwell

I have had a bit of a rough week I have low iron and stomach illness. So I have still gone to my psychologist appointment for DBT. I am doing my best to stay above my eating disorder behaviours. I am in remission for Anorexia which I had Anorexia for 27 years and I am in remission for Bulimia which I had for 19 years. 

2 REPLIES 2
AmberRenee
Casual Contributor

Re: Unwell

I have anarexia. It’s horrible hey. I hope you are okay. Good on you for making it to the dr. I didn’t ditch my appointment this week either so we should be proud of ourselves 🙏

Re: Unwell

It's challenging with Anorexia. The eating disorder is horrible but recovery takes time. Yes, you should be proud of yourself for not ditching your appointment. 

It takes a lot of courage to ask for help with eating disorders. I am seeking treatment through DBT also called Dialectical Behavioural Therapy. It's very effective for eating disorders. I have had mine for a very long time. 

The reason I am letting you know about DBT it's challenging and it treats multiple mental health disorders.

Thankyou for your help and support. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance