Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I don't expect my role will involve art but that would be lovely @Faith-and-Hope - would be the idesl introduction for me to go back. Maybe if the old Principal was still there tht would be the way she went but this new one doesn't know me at all or anything I have done at the school so that makes it more difficult.

There is unlikely to be any space to tke things back to school to begin with - that is more likely to only happen once I have a class myself again and that may not be until next year - so I have to sit with all my 'stuff' being at home for longer yet. It does mean I don't have to sort more of it out to see what is actually mine and what belongs to the school now though as it can all go back at the same time. It has all been taking up space for well over a year now so another few months won't hurt - just knowing it will all go eventually now is ok for now.

Is there a dedicated art room at the school @Zoe7 ?  I am wondering whether the Principal is going to be blind-sided by the HR decision, and at a loss to know what to do with you if she has already assigned classes for next year.  It might be a prime opportunity to recommend yourself as an art teacher, and by taking art lessons, that may work as a slot for the regular teachers to have organisational time, appointment time, etc

Morning @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope I slept well last night went to sleep talking to you still in sane when i woke up hahaha

Things like that solely depend on the school allocation funding-wise @Faith-and-Hope I was lucky enough to have nearly a year of teaching art and the next year that money was taken up by having to teach health instead - it was a school requirement so Art needed to be dropped as that was an elective. It all comes down to money and what the school is allocated - that is why it is going to be hard for the Principal to organise my graduated return. I ctually feel a little sorry for her because I know it will be hard to do - especially in term 4 where there is often nothing extra left in the school budget - but that is ultimately not my concern - that is her job to deal with. It won't stop me mentioning art again though in further meetings lol

That is funny @Pepsimax Smiley Tongue

And if they are not organised for the end of year concert, maybe it’s your opening for that opportunity @Zoe7.  If parents pitch in with costumes and props, and there are enough materials already lying around, the only funding required is likely to be your salary.

You guys really help me get to sleep sometimes @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope I really need help sometimes thank you

Good morning @Zoe7

@Faith-and-Hope

@Pepsimax

@Shaz51

@Snowie

I hope you all have some brightness in your day. 🔆🔆🔆

haha @Faith-and-Hope A lot of the costumes and props used in the past for things like that I have stored at my house. There used to be an end of year play done by the grade 6s but with the change in Principals I don't know what they do now. 

I would really like to be in the classroom - that is where I love being the most but wuold be happy working with small groups also - maybe those kids that have disengaged from school - that is my real passion and that works well with my love of art and craft to get them more engaged through learning in different ways.

🤗💕 @Pepsimax .... that’s lovely to hear.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance