Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ocean2
Casual Contributor

BPD struggling

Hi, I haven't been on this website for a while (signed up months ago).

I was diagnosed with BPD this year and its such a struggle. I'm not even at my family home but staying at my mums cus of crippling anxiety. Its so challenging. 

Is there anyone else on here that can relate or give advice? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: BPD struggling

Hey @Ocean2 I get it. 

I was diagnosed 10 years ago. It felt validating at the time and then very quickly felt the burden of the stigmatised label. Ive been through it, had some years of living such an amazing life and years of serious struggle. Currently struggling, which is usual for me this time of year. It is so so hard at times I really do get it. 

It's not a life sentence though and there are multiple evidence based treatments that really work these days!!! MBT was my saving grace, I really wish I could still access that team. 

Sending lots of love 

Hi @Ocean2 , I'm going to tag @tyme  and @BPDSurvivor for you 🙂

Hey @Ocean2 @Bau 

I've missed you @Ocean2 . Saw you around a few times and then that was it. I'm glad you've remembered us.

Yes, BPD hung around me for over a decade before I went through MBT just like @Bau . I got so much from it. That's why I'm here today.

I also had severe depression and anxiety. 

I just wish MBT is more available than it currently is. I don't even know how I got in to do it. It was really a miracle that I got accepted to take part in the treatment.

Absolutely intense treatment but totally worth it. 

I'm here if you need a chat @Ocean2 

There IS hope with BPD. BPD is a journey of discovery - not a life sentence.

@Bau , You may be interested in Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

Thanks for your reply. 

I do feel like its a life sentence. 

I haven't done DBT or any treatment like that. I have to ask my community team again.

Do you have any tips for dealing with emotional dysregulation. Im constantly crying!

When going through it, I thought it was a life sentence too @Ocean2 . And I never thought I'd reach my 25th bday. I thought I'd go to the grave with BPD.

As for emotional dysregulation, what i found helpful was to challenge and reframe my thoughts. However, this is not done in the thick of the moment. It is work that is done beforehand to prevent meltdowns.

You may want to visit The Art of Reframing - Back by popular demand! We practised this yesterday.

And @Bau , I'd like to hear more about your experiences with MBT. There are very few people I know who have done it. How long ago did you finish?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance