Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: CONFRONTING MOVIES

Queenie. You mentioning visiting a psychiatric museum brought back a memory that was extremely confronting for me. A few years ago my ex and I were in San Francisco. Naturally we visited Alcatraz. We were outside the cells (what a dank, dismal place). anyway my ex asked if I would like my photo taken inside the cell, The doors stayed open, they are operated by officials. I went inside the cell, but fear and horror made me nearly vomit. I almost ran outside. I had the 'felt' the presence of the inmate and, like you, do not want a repeat performance. I'm not actually psychic, but I have 'seen' my mother a couple of times, she's been dead over 20 years. I didn't 'see' the inmate, but I did feel his presence. I wasn't scared of him, but the experience was one I would rather not remember. Psychiatric hospitals, prisons no longer used are two places I avoid. 'Seeing' patients/prisoners who have passed is not my 'thing'. I prefer sunshine to clouds if you get my drift. Sunshine means happiness, clouds mean unhappiness,
Former-Member
Not applicable

HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED A CHALLENGING MOVIE LATELY?

last night I watched “I Tanya”4AF8835D-4780-496E-9FAA-0D5EE03A5B27.jpeg

OH MY GOODNESS, she was mixed up, psychologically, emotionally & physically abused as a child. Really bought our the damage from toxic mums, intergenerational. 

Hi.

I had a similar experience when visiting Port Arthur. I enjoy museums and other historical things, old photos, etc, but aside from the feeling of somebody being there and claustraphibia, having lots of photos and stories of the poor inmates didnt help either.

Mentally tough during and after, and strong physical effect. I wont be going back in a hurry.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance