Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Hello complex PTSD / BPD

I'm also a believer in that @Just . Stuff happens - deal with it.

I think in 'mental health' jargon, it's called Radical Acceptance. That is, to accept the things you cannot change, and do the best you can..

This is what I've learnt to live by.

And yes, it's not for everyone. It has to come to people themselves. Some people get very irate if you say that to them...

Thanks @tyme I guess all we can do sometimes is share and if it fits what someone can see would be helpful to them, it's a good thing. Really enjoyed your feedback.😀

@tyme had to lookup what you said "radical acceptance found these points... See attached, is this what you were thinking when you said... Or at least something similar? Sorry in advance if I can't get attachment to attach.

Screenshot_2024-06-01-18-57-48-98_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Yes, sort of @Just 

But moreso not to fight with the things that come your way, but rather accept them so you give yourself the chance to grow from them and move on. 

It's like the weather. We can't change the weather no matter how much we love or hate it. Rather, we do what we can to fit in with the weather. 

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

How are you today anyway?

@tyme, thanks for extra ideas to think about. I'm good. Yes I often tell myself just to go with the flow. Funny really because I'm pretty sure when I go with the flow the right stuff just seems to fall into place. Not that I get the answers I want but seem to get the right answers for what I need at that moment. Or I just accept too easily when I get no answers and I just sit with that. Ok, have a good night.

Hey @Just ,

I agree with that. Things just fall in place. So sometimes, people ask how I recovered.... for me, yes it was a hard road to recovery, but also, things fell into place at the right time. 

I got a very caring clinician, I was linked with a very helpful case manager, I was linked to a peer worker, a psychosocial support worker, psychiatrist, consultant psychiatrist, GP.... it just happened...

I not better than anyone else. I don't deserve it more than anyone else, but it just happened... 

I recognise not everyone has things fall in place like this, and hence I know I need to sit with them until it does.

Hope today has been going well for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance