Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: New to forum - struggling big time

Hi @BryanaCamp ,

Thanks so much for being in touch and sharing. Yes the side effects suck, but its all in my mind apparently! I dont know why they think its all in my mind when so many other ppl have side effects to meds too that causes them to discontinue, its not like im the only one!

It sounds like youve had a really tough time with getting the right meds too - it seems to be a very common thing. It sounds like you have been through so much! Im so glad you are doing better now. I look forward to the day when im on the right medication/s for me and things are balanced and im not living with extreme anxiety every waking moment of the day and night!

I have a lot of pain too - what is yours from if you dont mind me asking? I have severe fibromyalgiia but i have noticed that the worse my anxiety and related symptoms are, the more pain i am in, especially my neck and shoulders, they can be excruciating! So your med actually helps with that? Thats good to know, will mention to pdoc.

Yes my mum is on an antipsychotic that has all those effects you mentioned, its probably the same one. Unfortunately she has to be on it as its the one that works for her.

Yes my mind is overstimulated constantly at present, from the moment i start to wake up in the morning to the moment i go to sleep at night. And have found the sleep med isnt working nearly as well as it used to so there's that many more waking hours in the day that i have to endure the symptoms!

Im not due to see my pdoc for another 3 weeks but as this med hasnt worked, i am not on any long term med to treat the anxiety so plan to ring monday and try and get in sooner. Still not overly confident tho coz thrs nothing to say the next med will do the job without intolerable side effects! Anyway, just gotta keep trying i guess!

Well take care @BryanaCamp and thanks so much for your support. 

Sorry if theres half of this post and the full one, the screen moves around all the time on my phone so can be pressing in one spot and it goes to a completely different spot! Hence posts get posted when im not ready for them to be posted!

Thanks for checking in on me @Zoe7. Posted replies to you and @BryanaCamp.
Feel like the effects of the med that i took for 2 days have been wearing off this afternoon gradually so while i still have all the crappy symptoms, the escalated ones from the med seem to be subsiding. So i must be grateful for small mercies. Will have to go back to pdoc asap as im not on a long term anti anxiety med again (and their trying to wean me off the short term stuff when im not even close to being stabilised!), so rly need to find the right med. Went to the local pharmacist today and had a good talk with her about options. She was very helpful and free with her time which was nice, not sure if what we discussed will make a differnce going forward or not, have to wait and see when i see pdoc.
Thanks again for checking in on me @Zoe7. I hope you are doing well and had a good day!

@Doglover I had terrible side effects from a couple of meds - one in particular that made me feel so bad that I went back so far that I nearly landed in hospital. That med I had to stop immediately. So I understand the effects meds can have on us. I do have meds to help with the side effects of other meds but the combination works for me now. It really is trial and error with the amount of different meds available  it did take a long time for us to get the right meds and combinations/dosages right but we do have it right now. I hope it doesn't take you as long as it did for me Hon.

Considering how this med has affected you your pdoc should not be angry with you - they need to find something else to try and hope that works. There really are a lot of meds out there that can help - it is finding the right one(s) that can help you.

It is good that you have found us here to share yiur journey and get some support ...and happy to walk that journey with you. Keep connecting with us here - it does make a little difference to be amongst people that understand and although it is a tough road for you - you are not alone Heart

Thank you for your support @Zoe7 , yes it is a tough road, tougher than i could ever have imagined having to go through! I know you and many others have been through the same or worse! But it is a lonely road. Every moment of the day seems to be 'in my head', just constantly focused on me and this horrible situation and the fact that i just cant see a way out. My husband has lost his happy, loving and fun loving wife, and i feel like ive lost my life. 

There's a particular reason why i feel so stuck, like there's no way out. Im going to do another post and will tag you and others that have responded to other posts in.

Thanks again for your support @Zoe7 .  Wish i cld give you a big hug to say thanks. 

Cyber hugs most welcome here @Doglover Smiley Very Happy Here's one for you too...

Image result for cyber hug gif

Haha, thats cool. Thanks @Zoe7. Not clever enough on this forum to do one back, but straight back at you! 💚

Gratefully accepted back @Doglover 💛🧡💙💜💚

Thanks @Zoe7 😊

Hi my son is 21 and has recently been diagnosed with bpd. We arelooking for a new psychiatrist. Can you tell me who you are seeing. We live in Sydney' east

Hi there @KP024019 

A warm welcome to the forums. I am the moderator at the moment and I need to let you know that members are unable to refer to any MH professional they may be seeing on privacy grounds.

A  good search engine for finding a psychiatrist is https://www.yourhealthinmind.org/find-a-psychiatrist  conducted by the College of Psychiatry where you can look by location and expertise.

Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  

Take Care

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance