Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: Support for L-B

Hi @Oaktree , thanks for that. I hope you are well and are enjoying your day.

Morning @L-B @Glisten 

And how does today find you both, me am doing fine, I heard back that I didn't get the job, so was a wee bit gutted and was feeling sorry for myself .  So all I can do is keep applying.  Anyways mores the point @L-B hope things are chugging along at work and ye dont let stressy things get to ye.  You know that you have a whole mob of us on here who are willing you on.........Asgard

@Asgard 

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the job.

Thats disappointing 

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the job @Asgard 

sitting with you and having a cuppa xx

Hello and hugs @L-B , @Oaktree 

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.37.35 pm.png

Thanks @Oaktree , yup was gutted when I found out as I thought I had done a good interview.  I rang up to get some feedback but just had to leave ny details.  As I hadn't hear for 2 days, I rang up again, but alas have yet to hear back from them.  Its hard picking yourself up again, but I guess thats all I can do.

Thanks @Shaz51 , was just telling @Oaktree that I was really gutted as I honestly thought I did a good interview.  That lovely coffee has made me want one, so am off to kitchen for a brew.  Lordy it's hard picking yourself up again.....Asgard

@Asgard 

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on. It wasn’t meant to be.

Something better will come along

Hey @Asgard , as they say "as one door closes another opens". A better job will come along just for you...I am managing stress OK. 

Hey @Asgard ,

I'm sorry to hear you felt gutted about not getting the job. I want to acknowledge that you prepared and went for it, and all I can say is 'not getting' a job is probably something many of us have experienced before - including myself.

There was one time when I went for a job and I honestly thought I'd gotten it - when the call came to say there was 'no appointment made', I was devastated. My stomach dropped, I went cold and numb. Yet from that experience, I asked for feedback. I gained feedback, went back for the same job and got it 🙂

This was a valuable learning process for me.

One, in that it's okay not to get it.

Two, use the experience to learn from it.

We will be upholding you and look forward to hearing how things go.

tyme

Hey @L-B @Oaktree @Shaz51 @PeppyPatti 

@tyme @L-B @Oaktree @Asgard @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @creative_writer @Bill16 @Meowmy @Glisten @TAB @greenpea @PizzaMondo and more....

Your answer is passionate @tyme 

Wow. You made me feel what it was like when I tried for jobs and didn't get them .....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance