Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Disinterested in my personhood. I am a function.

Thanks @PeppiPatty,

You have lived with some very challenging personalities, and no doubt that must have affected your development. That would be really hard, as your mothers profession would only make it worse. There are some very humble balanced academics out there, they're not all know-it-alls, I-must-be-righ-about-everything, but the nature of the environment just does weird things to them. You put that many massive ego's in one place and it's bound to spark.

Yes, I do read. As for the DSM my shrink isn't a big fan. He has to use it obviously, but believes it to be quite ludicrous. 

But I have to be honest, educating myself and gaining insight does absolutely nothing to change my physiology, or does it change my parents.

It's been a long winding road for me @PeppiPatty. Both of my parents are/were very unwell. And I can totally relate to the "Oh my god", when a professional actually meets your parents......we had a lot of that, we even had doctors throw up their arms and say, "we cannot help this man"......it was very reassuring to know that we weren't exaggerating how hard it was to cope with Dad.

I hope you have a good day, and your worth isn't doubted. 

Take care

Corny xxx

Re: Disinterested in my personhood. I am a function.

Dear @Corny

thankyou for your lovely message : I’ll write soon just gotta get the husband to get his meds .....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance